Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rancho 4" Sport Lift

Old 11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho 4" Sport Lift

Got done a few days ago, figured I'd post a few pics of it. Wheels and Tires are going on next week, I'm pacing myself, haha. It gave me more lift than I thought it would though. And you actually get a pretty good amount of flex with the swaybar disco'd. I got the Sport lift cause I do very little offroading, just some trails with a fallen tree here and there when camping, so it suits my purposes. I actually got closer to about 5" with this lift though, I'm very, very happy with it. Hope you guys enjoy!

Old 11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great man!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default 5" Lift

Did you install just the lift. or did you order something else ?

On TJ's, YJ's and XJ's a SYE is a must (beyond 3"), to avoid or reduce vibration.

Is there a SYE equivalent for the JK ? when you go up to 5" ???

my christmas bonus is already spent (in theory ) to buy a 4" or 5" lift next month...

Thanks for your responses...

PD. your JK Looks great, love that color..
Old 11-07-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep.ecotourist
Did you install just the lift. or did you order something else ?

On TJ's, YJ's and XJ's a SYE is a must (beyond 3"), to avoid or reduce vibration.

Is there a SYE equivalent for the JK ? when you go up to 5" ???

my christmas bonus is already spent (in theory ) to buy a 4" or 5" lift next month...

Thanks for your responses...

PD. your JK Looks great, love that color..
no sye on the jk. You should look at the FAQ section on here. lots of good answers. If you have a 2 door and go that high, or have an auto you may need driveline mods with most lifts. Keep in mind 4-5" on a JK will fit a 37-38" tire. Where it took 4" on a TJ to clear 33s.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Nope, no SYE needed. I say it gave me closer to 5" cause I think my jeep was sitting a little bit lower than it should've been. It just didn't seem as tall (I'd say about 1-2 inches shorter) than other stock X's I'd seen around. I should've taken measurements before I lifted it though, just to be sure. But I was so damn excited to start it I just dove right in, haha.

Wheels and tires going on next week...I'll be bedlining the grill next week too, shit yea...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good it's the same lift I have, it's good for more than just trails, ask me how I know
Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey im looking at purchasing the same 4" Suspension kit for my 09 Wrangler Unlimited-Auto and wanted to know if any other parts are required other than whats included in the Kit
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=14360

Also if you purchased yours during the $400/500 rebate. When you received your Prepay Debit. Did it come with a PIN to withdraw the money from an ATM
Asked rancho and they didnt know

Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Post some pictures here on this thread when you get it finished. I'm strongly considering buying this kit as well. I bought a 1'' body lift to go along with my 4'' suspension (when I pull the trigger) to hopefull clear 37'' bfg at's I already have.

Quick Reply: Rancho 4" Sport Lift