Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Raptor Liner on the hardtop

Old 04-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you got it dirty yet? I wanna know how hard it is to get clean after getting mud and dirt in that
Old 04-08-2016, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benm1020
Have you got it dirty yet? I wanna know how hard it is to get clean after getting mud and dirt in that
Not yet. I did wash her yesterday and I can say this stuff shows water spots just like a paint job. It feels like it would be easy to hose off or even scrub with a brush. More rough than slick.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor liner on Hardtop Interior...

Looking at the options to do this and have seen it talked about within forums.

My specific question is in doing this, i already have my upsides to doing it, which is essentially to match the interior of JKU.

However, what are the disadvantages?

I'm not very experienced with the liner, so my initial thoughts are...the smell? will it keep heat inside or repel heat better and insulate?

I'm in AZ, so that is a 'hot' topic, becuase its very warm, most of the year, and for a few months of the year it's 100 degress or more.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmendy
Looking at the options to do this and have seen it talked about within forums.

My specific question is in doing this, i already have my upsides to doing it, which is essentially to match the interior of JKU.

However, what are the disadvantages?

I'm not very experienced with the liner, so my initial thoughts are...the smell? will it keep heat inside or repel heat better and insulate?

I'm in AZ, so that is a 'hot' topic, becuase its very warm, most of the year, and for a few months of the year it's 100 degress or more.
There was no issue with smell. I didn't put the liner on the inside but the smell was gone from the garage I did it in within a few hours. I haven't noticed the inside of the jeep being any hotter and it gets in the 90's/low 100's here. I can't see any downside to using it. Just spend time on your prep. It's been on for over a year and no fading or chipping so far. And my jeep is never parked in the garage.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going to be doing this at the end of May. What Raptor products did you use? Did you clear coat after or prime before?
Old 05-01-2018, 06:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertJK
I'm going to be doing this at the end of May. What Raptor products did you use? Did you clear coat after or prime before?
I wonder if clear coating would help with the biggest issue I'd have with this process which is....bedliner is NEVER clean. My tub and rear storage are Raptor lined, and I wouldn't want that on the outside of my vehicle just cuz it's never clean. Dirt, pollen, you name it.....even as poster points out....water spots. It's durable, but can't keep it clean. I'd be more willing to shoot the inside of the top which I probably will do at some point as I have 2 extra bottles.

Wonder if clear coat would bond to the Raptor liner, or if that would be an issue in itself??

I believe OP probably just used the U-Pol kit you can buy on eBay or Amazon....comes with the gun attachment. It's an easy process.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Just wondering on the colour you used? Also, what PSI did you use and was it the proper amount of thinners or less? Thanks, I really like the final product.
Old 05-01-2020, 05:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Dovydas Grigutis
Just wondering on the colour you used? Also, what PSI did you use and was it the proper amount of thinners or less? Thanks, I really like the final product.
Presume you are asking the OP, but their last activity on here was back in 2017, so you might not hear back. I would suggest that is the standard black color as the kits come. I shot my tub at a lower PSI as I thought more texture would help, but it didn't really. I shot at ~30psi, and mine is definitely more rough texture than the OP's pictures. Here is an example of what that looks like -

Old 05-01-2020, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've done the standard black as well as a tinitable kit- both came out nicely. The tint kit really did match pretty well, even to a metallic pearl color. I shot at 50psi if I'm recalling right. The higher you shoot, the less texture- again, if I'm remembering the directions right. First spray was a TJ tub and it came out nice. Next project was two full sets of poison spyder flares and they came out ok, could have been better if we were prepared to spray that much surface area. They had a fine enough texture but still got fairly dirty easily.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Y, I thought that having the coating be a little bumpier/chunkier, that I would gain a bit more grip/traction, but once that cures it's pretty slick regardless. I think 50-60psi is probably much more optimal in regard to looks.

Quick Reply: Raptor Liner on the hardtop