Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RE 3.5 super flex kit

Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE 3.5 super flex kit

requesting pics of this lift flexing or whatever, just wanna see it as I'm about to get one, thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by the_cuse420
requesting pics of this lift flexing or whatever, just wanna see it as I'm about to get one, thanks
I think RE is going out of business, you may want to rethink purchasing a kit from them.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by the_cuse420
I have that lift and it's a great one, but you may want to reconsider your lift choice. RE is currently out of business. Their website says "closed pending reorganization". So, who knows if they'll be able to open up again. If anything goes bad, you probably won't be able to get a replacement part.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GutlessPhred
I have that lift and it's a great one, but you may want to reconsider your lift choice. RE is currently out of business. Their website says "closed pending reorganization". So, who knows if they'll be able to open up again. If anything goes bad, you probably won't be able to get a replacement part.
I had a RE long arm, my bushings went bad and they are back ordered
Ultimately, I had to get a new lift from a different manufacturer. The 4.5" coils were almost the only components that remain from RE on my JKU.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Enclocal
I had a RE long arm, my bushings went bad and they are back ordered
Ultimately, I had to get a new lift from a different manufacturer. The 4.5" coils were almost the only components that remain from RE on my JKU.
that sucks. mine has been on 20,000+ miles and never a bushing issue. But i worry if something goes wrong now with anything, what I am going to do? Maybe this is just the excuse I need to get a long arm lift.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have that lift. I have pics in my gallery. It's a good kit. The coils ride very nice. I too had bushing issues but I did get new bushings before the shut down and its perfect now. The kit flexes very well.

As noted, it looks like RE is reorganizing. Not sure where that puts us. If I have bushing issues again, I will look into some Johnnie Joints or some other options. I feel the coils work great and don't for see having to replace those. If I have a track bar issue, I would probably go with a JKS set up.

If I were starting new, I would look at Teraflex, AEV or probably Currie (That would be my personal first choice cause I know their quality). One thing to note. I used hear stuff about the RE items being pricey, but they all cost about the same in the end when you compare apples to apples.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default RE

I have the RE 3.5" Super Flex also. I’ve only the lift for about 5 months and no problems so far. I've read that they (Rubicon Express) are reorganizing so I am worried about my warranty on parts.

If I were you I would look into another lift and hope the company you choose does have any money problems.

Quick Reply: RE 3.5 super flex kit