Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rear license plate relocation bracket home brew

Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kellyII
I chose to run the wire back up through the tub, there is a rubber seal on the driver rear inside. I just pulled my wire through the seal and ran it behind the carpet then inside my rear storage then I ran it out with the original wires in the tail gate. I will post up some pics tomorrow.

I just didnt want to run wire under the jeep and on the outside of my tail gate.
I found the rubber grommet where it comes in under the carpet. Wanted to do that before I pushed it through the hole where the plug goes to never never land. I'd appreciate any pics on the routing. How did you attach the light to the bracket?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scamp_71
I found the rubber grommet where it comes in under the carpet. Wanted to do that before I pushed it through the hole where the plug goes to never never land. I'd appreciate any pics on the routing. How did you attach the light to the bracket?
I used my OEM light and the housing. I really didnt mind cutting up the factory LP holder. When you cut it off there is a tab that hangs on the bottom of the OEM light, all I did was put 2 bolts through it and into my plate frame
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

I used my OEM light and the housing. I really didnt mind cutting up the factory LP holder. When you cut it off there is a tab that hangs on the bottom of the OEM light, all I did was put 2 bolts through it and into my plate frame
I haven't looked at the OEM light/bracket real close since I took it off, but I'd like to fab something up with steel so it's a little sturdier. Keep with the theme of building my own. Probably a project for this coming weekend.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats what Im planning on doing also, but I wanted to have a light back there just till I could fab up something
Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

thats what Im planning on doing also, but I wanted to have a light back there just till I could fab up something
Cool beans. Keep me updated. Always nice to see others ideas.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scamp_71
Thanks man. I always thought circular pastries were their preferred treat...?
Well last time I got pulled over I gave the cop a tootsie pop. He laughed and told me to get out...of course it could have been the cleavage I was showing, too
Old 05-03-2011, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Love Monkey

Well last time I got pulled over I gave the cop a tootsie pop. He laughed and told me to get out...of course it could have been the cleavage I was showing, too
Ah yes...that kryptonite you ladies use and a smile.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM
JK Freak

And I guess I should have said "ma'am" in lieu of "man" above. My bad.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Junkie

Damn I've been meaning to relocate therear plate and after seeing this thread I'm gonna finally get off my ass and do it. Probably gonna steal your idea too Great Job!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
Damn I've been meaning to relocate therear plate and after seeing this thread I'm gonna finally get off my ass and do it. Probably gonna steal your idea too Great Job!
Its a good little project to keep a guy out of trouble. That's why I posted up the CAD drawing (although I haven't looked to see how clear it is). Let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: Rear license plate relocation bracket home brew