Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Recon 10.5k Winch on Rugged Ridge XHD stubby

Old 03-26-2018, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7+ year Follow up.
My Jeep sat mostly unused for 3 years while I lived abroad 2014-2017. Thus the winch sat too. The Jeep was usually stored outside-exposed without a cover in Florida, on occassion it was garaged. I returned stateside in August 2017. I've used the winch 3 times since and have recovered a Ford F150 and a Toyota Rav4 both stuck in mud on a flat. Not a hard pull per se, but the winch thought nothing of it. The synth cable is still in good shape as well. The wireless remote cuts in and out a lot (new battery) so best utilized for getting setup, but the wired controller is really better for the long pulls. Online price is $125 more than when I bought it. Packaged equipment setup seems unchanged. Still super satisfied with the purchase.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 9 year follow up

beat money i have spent on the Jeep sans my roof rack. Pulled a row of hedges out of my side yard a few months ago. This winch has been basically flawless. the stickers fell off years ago and the winch engagement lever is showing a little rust through the chrome now.

Quick Reply: Recon 10.5k Winch on Rugged Ridge XHD stubby