Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Red w/black wheels

Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
Sorry. Get those stock rims black powder coated. Not so expensive. They look good, a couple of people have them on this site.

I plan on buying 17x9 ProComp 7089 rims they run around $129 a piece. for rubber I want to put 285/75/17 but dont want to lit the jeep. My fear is this set up will rub. Not sure about the backspacing on the rim is enough. Based on the photos that I posted I feel pretty confident about it. Based on AJSJK photos, I'm a little nervous.
Unfortunately, I did not get the wheels until after the lift was installed. I know a few people have the setup without a lift, but I'm not sure what, if any, rubbing issues they have experienced. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AJSJK
Unfortunately, I did not get the wheels until after the lift was installed. I know a few people have the setup without a lift, but I'm not sure what, if any, rubbing issues they have experienced. Good luck!
I just spoke with Fortex Jeep in Orlando. They did the wheel set-up on the silver jeep that i posted earlier. He said the wheels are 17x9 and the Mickt Thompson tires are 285/50/17. With no rubbing of any kind. If anyone is in Orlando, you should check this guys out. They where very helpful. They need to update their site to show '07's

www.fortecjeep.com
Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

The "50" part of that number is what keeps it from rubbing. I do not believe you are going to be able to put 285X75X17's on and not have rubbing issues. I could be wrong.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKJeepDad
The "50" part of that number is what keeps it from rubbing. I do not believe you are going to be able to put 285X75X17's on and not have rubbing issues. I could be wrong.
I was surprised he said 50. I asked him twice about it. The 50 is the height of the rubber between the rim and the edge correct?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

The ratio of the height to width. Here is a good website to let you know how tall and wide any tire will be.
http://ptheune.net/~pir/photos/Jeeps...calculator.php
Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKJeepDad
The ratio of the height to width. Here is a good website to let you know how tall and wide any tire will be.
http://ptheune.net/~pir/photos/Jeeps...calculator.php
Thanks. Based on that site, it says these tires are only 29". Could that be correct/ They seem bigger. 285/50/17
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	734   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	735  
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Give or take a little...yes. Each tire manufacture is a little different on measurements.

Quick Reply: Red w/black wheels