Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Removed rear bumper

Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no bumper

I've been running without the rear shit-tastic bumper cover for about 2 years down here in Louisiana... never had any cops hassle me. Pulled it off via trail-mod contact with a tree and stripped-out the mounting bolts. I think it looks fine, and improves departure angle.

I made some filler caps for the frame rails out of thin steel framing plates you can get at home depot.

Also allows you to hang a 35" tire on the stock tailgate mount. I'll get a new bumper some day... right now I'm more worried about functional stuff.

Pic from Hot Springs a 2011

Last edited by drcre8tive; 04-03-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SLVR07

Have you modified your gate hinges? Are you using the original spare tire set up?
That looks like the OR-Fab carrier to me
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drcre8tive
I've been running without the rear shit-tastic bumper cover for about 2 years down here in Louisiana... never had any cops hassle me. Pulled it off via trail-mod contact with a tree and stripped-out the mounting bolts. I think it looks fine, and improves departure angle.

I made some filler caps for the frame rails out of thin steel framing plates you can get at home depot.

Looks good.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been running no rear bumper for about 2 weeks now. I like the improved clearance and less plastic looks.

Last week I bedlined everything body colored under the tailgate and below the fender ends on the sides. Looks better but still unfinished, so I caved and ordered a poison Spyderco bfh rear bumper to make the back look finished. After install the bfh gives an even better departure angle than the "no bumper" I am running now since you trim the frame ends to install it almost flush to the body.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RustyShovel
The way I see it, Jeepers have three options: 1) armor it up, or 2) beat it up, or 3) not use it at all.

I prefer the first option.

To each his own.
I really don't think plastic is armor, but that's just me.

Quick Reply: Removed rear bumper