Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

River Raider Video Part 2

Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video
Old 02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

You can't please everyone, I thought it was good. When it warms up (and I get one) we have to go find some deep $h!t to make everyone happy.

Hey Kenny , I never got a sticker. I was only kidding about the 10% off!! I better get some when I make that purchase.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

im in for the deep stuff....whos four door is that?

also...looks deep to me too, lol. we remember what happend to the jeep in rausch creek who tried following will in water a lil less deep then this....took in alot of water, killed it although did not hydrolock it, either way he was dead for day and those with snorkel kept on rockin.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

That 4-door is Tims aka tkob1060...
Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Ill Make It My Point Once My Jeep Is Dinished To Post Videos Of Over The Hood Water.... I Have Done That About 3 Times So Far
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vid!

I wouldn't mind having one of these, but it seems a llittle $$$ to me. Maybe I'm just a tight ass!! It's way cheaper than a new engine!!!

Has anybody tried to come up with an elec. fan disable switch? I don't wanna trash my rad if I get in some deep stuff. I haven't really looked at how it's wired. It's probably simple, but you never know with all the electrical crap on new vehicles.

Riverraider, you guys may want to look into this and sell this as a package deal with the snorkle.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crash
Nice work! It looks like we need to find some deeper crossings to keep everyone happy.
It sure looked deep in person!

if you look at these 2 pics of my jeep the water DOES go over my hood....take a look at the bigger one and you can see the water on top of my fender flare, that is right where the intake is inside the hood, and I didnt have to worry about the water getting in....yes if I went slowww the water wouldnt have been right there, but I knew how deep it was and that I could go faster then a crawl because I had the snorkel....the video doent show the 1st time I went thru that those 2 pics are from...the video is my 2nd time thru it

all I know is there is no way anyone who watched without a snorkel would go through it...

any of you who think you could go through it safely like I did without a snorkel are fooling yourselves....having a snorkel isnt just so you can go thru water that is deeper then your hood....the 1st time I went wheelin with my rubi stock I got mud inside my air box and none of the holes I went thru were deep as that one was...now I dont have to worry about that
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Nice vid!

I wouldn't mind having one of these, but it seems a llittle $$$ to me. Maybe I'm just a tight ass!! It's way cheaper than a new engine!!!

Has anybody tried to come up with an elec. fan disable switch? I don't wanna trash my rad if I get in some deep stuff. I haven't really looked at how it's wired. It's probably simple, but you never know with all the electrical crap on new vehicles.

Riverraider, you guys may want to look into this and sell this as a package deal with the snorkle.

slick will wired a switch for his fan. 98% sure he did at least.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
....the 1st time I went wheelin with my rubi stock I got mud inside my air box and none of the holes I went thru were deep as that one was...now I dont have to worry about that
Thats right. and we opened Will's air box becouse the snorkel intake was muddy and the filter looked brand new...
Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I WIRED MY FAN UP TO A SWITCH... still sometimes it acts up... last trip had to drive with the head blasting to not over heat the engine... asl long as you clean it well the fan will work fine...

Quick Reply: River Raider Video Part 2