Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rugged Ridge XHD front stubby

Old 09-05-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put my RR bumpers on..................You need to install the winch on the bumper first and then install the bumper, it makes life a lot easier

Here's a few pics

JJ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0682 (Medium)..jpg
Views:	219
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	86934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0543 (Medium)..jpg
Views:	195
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	86935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0684 (Medium)..jpg
Views:	211
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	86936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0542 (Medium)..jpg
Views:	206
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	86937  
Old 10-30-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! I am very close to pulling the trigger on this. I don't need a winch so I hope to be getting the non-winch version. I noticed on the install you took off the grill, was that necessary? Since my Jeep is the same color I now can see what it looks like. The only bad thing is I have stock tires & wheels on it now so I am wondering what the stubby would look like.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
Looks great! I am very close to pulling the trigger on this. I don't need a winch so I hope to be getting the non-winch version. I noticed on the install you took off the grill, was that necessary? Since my Jeep is the same color I now can see what it looks like. The only bad thing is I have stock tires & wheels on it now so I am wondering what the stubby would look like.
I was thinking the same thing. Altough I know if I get the non Winch model Ill want a winch.
Anyone have pics of the non winch bumper?
Old 10-31-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
Thanks! No u dont have to take the grill off but its very easy to do and i felt it was better to have it off when removing all the stock plastic crap..not sure how the stubby would look wit stock tires tho cuz showin off nice tires is part of the reason a stubby looks good in my opinion..i made another thread when i put the winch on it makes a big difference in the way it all looks!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

You don't have to remove the bumper to install the winch. I have an XRC8 winch and i didn't have to take the bumper off. Yes its a little difficult and tight but there is enough room to do it. Taking the bumper off would make it simpler but i was a one man operation on the install and i didn't know if i could wrestle the whole bumper and winch into place by myself.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kabookie10
You don't have to remove the bumper to install the winch. I have an XRC8 winch and i didn't have to take the bumper off. Yes its a little difficult and tight but there is enough room to do it. Taking the bumper off would make it simpler but i was a one man operation on the install and i didn't know if i could wrestle the whole bumper and winch into place by myself.
Yea i left the bumper on it was easy
Old 10-31-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I love that bumper. Question for all your bumper install DIY'ers what about the airbag system? 1. How do you keep it from blowing while removing the stock?disconnect the battery? 2. Will the system work after the bumper install?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowbilt
I love that bumper. Question for all your bumper install DIY'ers what about the airbag system? 1. How do you keep it from blowing while removing the stock?disconnect the battery? 2. Will the system work after the bumper install?
Yea its great specially for the price..you dont have to do anything regarding the airbags
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

That bumper looks awsome . I plan to buy the same one when i get my JK. Wondering if one of you fine folks could measure the space between the loops where the D-rings go. Hopinn the space will allow me to use my current towbar.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's an awesome bumper... especially for the money.

debating whether or not to get the "smuggler" storage ends for it

Last edited by Ario56; 10-31-2010 at 07:06 AM. Reason: sorry for the shitty cell phone picture

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD front stubby