Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Semi vs jku

Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez man, glad you're okay...it's really amazing how well the Jeep held up.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Crap man! you are a lucky SOB. Glad to see you are alive and well. Glad to hear no one was seriously harmed .
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me, the people in front of you were lucky you were there to take the brunt of the force. They wouldn't have fared nearly as well as you did. You might have saved lives and not even know it.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Man you were lucky, glad to hear your okay. The jeep really held up well. Good luck and hope your up and running soon.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the semi had been going faster you'd have ended up with a jeep about 3 feet long, regardless of your choice of bumper. A few years ago I watched a news report where a semi rear-ended a full-size SUV (expedition or suburban) in rush-hour traffic and the SUV was so crushed you couldn't tell what it was. Driver died of course. I never ever get in front of a big truck in stop and go traffic. Just never. I put at least one car or more between myself and the rig.

Glad you are ok. When you go to settle the personal injury, make sure you get compensated well. I was rear-ended by another vehicle once, and I had neck problems that took about a year to subside. Unfortunately I didn't start having trouble until a few months later, and I'd already settled.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow. Hell of a wreck. Glad you and all the other drivers are ok. Sucks about your jeep, that was a great looking JK, glad a new one is on the way for you!! And all the extras!!!

I worked a wreck last week where a TJ got sandwiched between a late model GMC and a brand new Honda SUV. TJ was stopped and got rear-ended in a 45 mph zone. The SUV that hit him was totaled and the trucks bumper and tail gate were caved in. I asked the TJ driver if he was injured and he said no. Then I jokingly said, thank goodness for aftermarket bumpers. His reply..No Sh!t!!! He had some small dents in both bumpers and all the drivers we ok. Made me want to order mine bad the way people drive around here.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sad to see, but good thing you're okay. I've been worried putting my 9 month old in my 2dr. I'm still worried but not as much, thanks for sharing. Enjoy building your next JKU, and as for the truck driver, he's probably losing his CDL we don't need anymore 40 ton road hazards. In regards to the vett... I never follow anything that could chop my head off.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canibeat
Sad to see, but good thing you're okay. I've been worried putting my 9 month old in my 2dr. I'm still worried but not as much, thanks for sharing. Enjoy building your next JKU, and as for the truck driver, he's probably losing his CDL we don't need anymore 40 ton road hazards. In regards to the vett... I never follow anything that could chop my head off.
Build a full cage and call road armor for the biggest bumpers they have
Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Glad your ok after a hit like that.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, glad you are okay. I had my brand new 2012 totaled on the way home from the dealership by an uninsured motorist... rolled 3 times and I walked away. Wrangler's are a tough brand... I highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: Semi vs jku