Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

show off ur leveling kit ( requesting pics and info)

Old 02-01-2014, 04:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief_Airborne
Teraflex Leveling kit (pucks) with Duratrac 285/75/R16s

What's up with those headlights/ foglights? They look awesome.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HARRINGT0N
They are LED halos I believe.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HARRINGT0N
Thanks!! They are from a company called Oracle Lighting. Here ya go:

Jeep Wrangler ORACLE Lighting Products- Halo Headlights SMD LED CCFL Custom Lighting
Old 02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

I've looked through the posts just now and made me convinced leveling kit is the way to go for me! Looks great guys!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Leveling Kit - Ride Quality?

Hey guys,

I had a 2008 JK a few years ago and traded due to job/milage. Well, I have bought a new Unlimited Wrangler and would love to put a leveling kit on it. My question is, has jeep done anything to correct the "death wobble" with newer models? I am in sales so I'm in my Jeep A LOT and I had a 2 1/2" lift on my old jeep and it never seemed the same afterwards. I struggled continuously with death wobble and some vibration around 55mph. I ended up buying various mods to correct this (trac bars, double steering stabilizers, ect.) and it never really fixed the problem.

Again, I would love to level out my ride but do not want to change the ride quality and specifically, death wobble!

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jordan,
I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but I can say that I've NEVER had an issue with the death wobble. Mine has been raised almost 3". I guess it just depends on the vehicle.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiawahgolf
Hey guys,

I had a 2008 JK a few years ago and traded due to job/milage. Well, I have bought a new Unlimited Wrangler and would love to put a leveling kit on it. My question is, has jeep done anything to correct the "death wobble" with newer models? I am in sales so I'm in my Jeep A LOT and I had a 2 1/2" lift on my old jeep and it never seemed the same afterwards. I struggled continuously with death wobble and some vibration around 55mph. I ended up buying various mods to correct this (trac bars, double steering stabilizers, ect.) and it never really fixed the problem.

Again, I would love to level out my ride but do not want to change the ride quality and specifically, death wobble!

I have a 2013 Unlimited Sport and don't have plans for a huge lift. I've been off road in places I never thought a basically stock Jeep could go, but then again I'm a newbie to Jeeps. I leveled and slightly lifted mine with 18 front springs from a Rubi and then a 1" front spacer and 3/4" rear. I like the look and the little bit of extra ground clearance. I'll dig up the pic I took after adding the spacers...
Old 02-05-2014, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chief_Airborne
Jordan,
I honestly don't know the answer to your question, but I can say that I've NEVER had an issue with the death wobble. Mine has been raised almost 3". I guess it just depends on the vehicle.
What kind of lift and components are you running?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem with the vibration on my STOCK 08 as well. After I added the leveling kit, new tires, spacers, and a bigger steering stabilizer (teraflex 9550) it pretty much eliminated that shimmy I had at 55mph... I think the stabilizer and and evenly worn tires helped the most lol. But what works for some people may or may not work for others!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1963481995.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	528899  

Last edited by joshisfishin; 02-05-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiawahgolf
Hey guys,

No. Jeep did not correct it, Northridge 4x4 has the fix. It's a bolt kit. Chrysler uses the wrong bolt for several suspension components, resulting in loose and eventually damaged components, resulting in DW. $40 for the kit and a few hours of wrenching eliminates the problem.

Here's my Jeep with Teraflex leveling pucks on stock tires with 1.5" spacers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	529537  

Quick Reply: show off ur leveling kit ( requesting pics and info)