Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show and Tell: Rock Krawler Style

Old 03-19-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAwrangler08
Well mine was delivered today. It's hipped yesterday and was delivered today. It'll be going on Friday. Any pointers? Hahaha
Just lots of good beer

If it is one of your first lifts, I would recommend planning on using the better part of a full day for install. The front upper drivers side control arm required a fair amount of grinding on the axle side to allow for adequate clearance around the locker wiring/plug (at least on my Jeep). A couple extra hands is very helpful... especially when trying to line up the control arm bolt holes.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Here are a few pics of where I ground down the control arm...

Old 03-19-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by olyelr
Here are a few pics of where I ground down the control arm...
Rubicon I'm assuming? First lift on my JKU. 2nd time installing a lift. First one was on my buddies 12 JKUR which was a Clayton 4.5" Long Arm. Took us 16 hours and no beer :-(
Old 03-19-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Rubicon I'm assuming? First lift on my JKU. 2nd time installing a lift. First one was on my buddies 12 JKUR which was a Clayton 4.5" Long Arm. Took us 16 hours and no beer :-(
Yes, it is a rubicon. But honestly I am not sure if that is for the locker or some other electronic gadget, although I do believe it is for the locker.

Those Clayton kits are very nice also. I was considering one of those as well, but for some reason decided with the RK.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the wiring for the locker. I had the same issue and same solution.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well mine was delivered today. It's hipped yesterday and was delivered today. It'll be going on Friday. Any pointers? Hahaha
Yours took a month to deliver??? What kit did you order? I ordered through Quadratec and they said it should ship from RK in 7-10 days.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cobb_Sahara
Yours took a month to deliver??? What kit did you order? I ordered through Quadratec and they said it should ship from RK in 7-10 days.
I got the RK 3.5" X Factor. Yup ordered 2/18 delivered yesterday. But shipped Tuesday. I was originally told it would take 10-14 business days but maybe longer because it's busy season for them. Idk. But in reality I guess it really only took 20 business days to ship.

And hopefully I won't have the control arm problem with the wiring since my rig is non rubicon
Old 03-20-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the RK 3.5" X Factor. Yup ordered 2/18 delivered yesterday. But shipped Tuesday. I was originally told it would take 10-14 business days but maybe longer because it's busy season for them. Idk. But in reality I guess it really only took 20 business days to ship. And hopefully I won't have the control arm problem with the wiring since my rig is non rubicon
I have had no problem w/ mine and I didn't trim anything. It will be worth the wait. They are great kits.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question

Not trying to change the subject or put this in the wrong place, but I didn't want to start another thread. But does this look like all I'll need to get my JK lifted? Meaning, will the drag ling need any sort of different relocation bracket for the track bar that isn't included in the x-factor kit already? Because if I don't need to add anything besides the ball joints I'll be ordering in the morning for sure. Been waiting to get a lift until I know I'll have everything needed. I know I'll need a new front driveshaft but I won't be taking it offroad for the first couple months anyway, so flex shouldn't be a major issue to deal with right off the bat.

Thanks guys,
Ray

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 10.21.25 PM.png
Views:	406
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	539201

Last edited by HookEmHorns; 03-20-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

I didn't do drag link. Yet. Staying stick for now. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Quick Reply: Show and Tell: Rock Krawler Style