Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Which do you like best
OIIIIIIO
69.81%
HUMRETR
7.95%
TRL R8R
5.11%
1BAD JK
17.14%
Voters: 881. You may not vote on this poll

Show us your personalized license plates!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have GCNP HKR

Grand Canyon National Park Hiker
Old 01-28-2008, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

why are some people afraid to show their plates?

anyone can walk up to your car and see it......it's not private information.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
I know! I always wonder the same damn thing. Anyone driving down the street can see my plate.

I think it is a carry over from shows like Cops where they blur out the plate. Obviously a TV show like that must blur it out to protect the identity of the person they are filming- I mean we are talking about law breakers... So I think the general public got used to seeing blurred out plates on those shows, and just assumed it was something they should do for their pictures.
On COPS and shows like it, blurred faces and plates are not due to privacy issues. It's due to the fact that the owner wouldn't sign a release. Lawyers got in the mix...

Jeff (Whose plate is whatever was assigned, not personalized)
Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jakebsellin
How about 3M TA3 (in your rear view mirror is says EAT ME)
i like that one... wonder if anyone in maryland has that yet...
Old 01-29-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
I know! I always wonder the same damn thing. Anyone driving down the street can see my plate.

I think it is a carry over from shows like Cops where they blur out the plate. Obviously a TV show like that must blur it out to protect the identity of the person they are filming- I mean we are talking about law breakers... So I think the general public got used to seeing blurred out plates on those shows, and just assumed it was something they should do for their pictures.
Speaking from a paranoid perspective ... It's one thing if someone in your town is a bit crazy and all they have to do is follow you home but it's usually fairly obvious. The internets has tons of more people each crazier than the next. All it takes it about $30 and some time and they can get all sorts of information on you based on your Tag #. Is it likely gonna happen? Not really but you can't be too careful.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by inajeep
Speaking from a paranoid perspective ... It's one thing if someone in your town is a bit crazy and all they have to do is follow you home but it's usually fairly obvious. The internets has tons of more people each crazier than the next. All it takes it about $30 and some time and they can get all sorts of information on you based on your Tag #. Is it likely gonna happen? Not really but you can't be too careful.
i guess that answers my question, but i just can't imagine anyone getting very far with a plate number. what will they find out? my name and address? that's in the phonebook.......or superpages.com......or on the the little plate on my mailbox.

.......and not a very bright criminal to prey on JK drivers. i would be looking at a ferarri forum or dupont registry if i had plans for criminal activity.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

havent go it yet but want NOTHUMR
Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

I'm a pilot too...

So, I got AV8 4 FUN

Jeeps and airplanes... it doesn't get any better than both of those! :-)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking:
XXL JEEP or XXL ATV
What do you guys think?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talking Plate

JP THNG. Say's a lot.

Quick Reply: Show us your personalized license plates!