Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SimpleOrange Build Obsession!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simpleorange
pmed about the seats!! i dont think they are a vendor
Can you pm me the info and price as well? They look awesome! You have an incredible JK
Old 08-12-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oops I meant to pm
Old 08-12-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

so here is the start to the trail doors im designing each door will be two pieces. im using the 4x inovative latches and building my own hinges, everything will be laser cut. Im going to dimple die the large 3" holes on the insert and the medium 1.5" around the frame, the frame will have a hex mesh cut into it and powder coated black the insert will be body color, and will be bolted together with stainless hex flat head bolts. i still may change the design a bit once i finish the front doors

autocad drawing to scale

dont make fun of my model lol jk if you want to!!

a better picture of the mesh

Last edited by simpleorange; 08-12-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

those doors look sick !!!! i cant wait to see them !
Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

That's a sweet ride, dude. How about a quick how to on the inside of the hard top? I really want to do that. Does it make it crazy hotter in the cabin?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xman4602
That's a sweet ride, dude. How about a quick how to on the inside of the hard top? I really want to do that. Does it make it crazy hotter in the cabin?
I used red scotch bright pads taped the side windows with green painted tape because I have aftermarket tint. I removed the rear window and related hardware and used prepall wax and grease remover before spraying it with the dupli-color truck bed coating it took about 10 cans to cover well do not use the roll on kit, it will have a very uneven texture. I let my top sit for 3 weeks to air out. I can't tell a difference in temp. It really changed the whole feel of the interior!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by simpleorange

I used red scotch bright pads taped the side windows with green painted tape because I have aftermarket tint. I removed the rear window and related hardware and used prepall wax and grease remover before spraying it with the dupli-color truck bed coating it took about 10 cans to cover well do not use the roll on kit, it will have a very uneven texture. I let my top sit for 3 weeks to air out. I can't tell a difference in temp. It really changed the whole feel of the interior!!!
Nice! Thanks! I'll be doing this a few weeks before hard top season!!
Again, your JK is SWEET!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome job man .. nice write up .. very creative, nice work. yeah i agree with other people you need to sell those grill inserts.. best ive seen.

Last edited by blockrockin; 08-14-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluejk09
Can you pm me the info and price as well? They look awesome! You have an incredible JK
Interested in a PM about the seat covers as well, when convenient. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

i noticed that your fenders are same color did you chop the factory ones and glue or connect them somehow to the metal ones or how did you do it ?? i love the black with orange and how everything is arranged !

Quick Reply: SimpleOrange Build Obsession!!!