Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

smittybilt SRC 2 Rock Guards with Plate

Old 04-06-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smittybilt SRC 2 Rock Guards with Plate

Does anyone have experience with the rocker guards? I was looking at the poison spyder rocker knockers for $575, then stumbled upon these smittybilt ones for $379! I was curious if the middle plate is able to be taken out and painted like the poison spyder ones? And if anyone has pictures of them on their rigs Id love to see them!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1204603392.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	605101
Old 04-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Former Member

It's welded in there, so if you wanted to paint it you would have to mask the bars off. I ran these on my last JK and really liked them. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard countless stories of them bending into the body. Google some of the pics. But if you're buying them just for cosmetic reasons, they look great
Old 04-07-2015, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mds22
Heard countless stories of them bending into the body. Google some of the pics. But if you're buying them just for cosmetic reasons, they look great
They will be mostly for cosmetic reasons, because I'll be leaving for college next fall, and won't have the time or money to go on wheeling trips here in nebraska!
Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4Wheel Drive Hardware
It's welded in there, so if you wanted to paint it you would have to mask the bars off. I ran these on my last JK and really liked them. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks man! Were they an easy install?
Old 04-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by roxytherubi
Thanks man! Were they an easy install?
Install is a simple bolt on, I did have to open the holes up a little bit because they bolt to the body mounts. The way my body had settled the holes weren't exactly lined up and I had to elongate the opening a bit. Other than that they bolted right up and worked well for me. Let me know if you wanted to get a set on order I'll get you the forum discount price for them.

-Zach
Old 04-07-2015, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

What would the price be after the discount!? I'm going to be getting them, it's just a matter of when I get the money!

Quick Reply: smittybilt SRC 2 Rock Guards with Plate