Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Which soft top looks best?
OEM Factory Top
55.56%
Bestop Trektop NX
44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Which soft top? OEM or Trektop NX?

Old 05-10-2016, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got to throw a vote out there for the OEM top. I just don't get the appeal of the Trek top unless you live in a scorching hot climate where you have to keep covered up. Folding the top completely down is part of what owning a Jeep is all about.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say I like the OEM top also. I know th sails can be a pain, but I like the look better
Old 05-10-2016, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, the poll says to stick with the Trektop. However, the comments say stick with the OEM. There's no clear winner either way. Or I could look at it as both tops are winners! Maybe I'll let the wife make the decision on this one.
As an interesting side note, I posted this same question on Reddit and got 82% in favor of the Trektop.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My bad! I didn't see the link to the poll. I thought you were basing it from the comments. I may have just tied the poll up. Good luck with your decision. Remember happy wife.....
Old 05-10-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

tiebreaker! Oem looks the best IMO
Old 05-10-2016, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just voted for the OEM without looking at the pics! Ooops! But my vote still stands. On a 2 door, I'm not a fan of the trektop. I had a trektop on my JKU and I liked it a ton...Especially since I'm in the pit of hell which is South Florida the trektop suited my needs. But I didn't care for losing the storage real estate. Yours looks minimal on the 2 door so it'd be a toss up.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Trek top... Simple and easy to use if your not lazy. Both look just fine. Best thing to do is sell the one you can get the most money for and buy something you really need for off road ha!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

OEM. The angled tops make the Jeep look like a special needs pinewood derby car.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twinz33
Trek top... Simple and easy to use if your not lazy. Both look just fine. Best thing to do is sell the one you can get the most money for and buy something you really need for off road ha!
I traded my OEM top to a buddy. He gave me his Trektop. We can trade back of we change our minds. But there is no money involved.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flexy
I traded my OEM top to a buddy. He gave me his Trektop. We can trade back of we change our minds. But there is no money involved.
Well I'm no help lol. Both look good. Can't go wrong really. Wish anvil was around when I bought a jeep, color looks better every time I see it

Quick Reply: Which soft top? OEM or Trektop NX?