Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SPRAY LINER FLARES show them!

Old 04-09-2018, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation SPRAY LINER FLARES show them!

Trying to see what flares spray lined look like after some use! Post up pictures if you got them, from stock to custom show them off and if you can list what you sprayed them with! Thanks

Last edited by jjl509@yahoo.com; 04-09-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I've been considering doing this. The main reason being if the liner will stiffen up my chopped stock fenders, maybe I can run them without the support underneath and I can get that extra inch of clearance. Looking forward to seeing what people have done.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

What kind of flares are you looking to see? My friend and I sprayed 2 sets of Poison Spyder flares and my water bottle. We did the raptor liner.

Advice- spray into the corners first, maybe even with regular rust resistant spray, then come over it with your liner. Spray close and at a higher (~55psi) pressure. My bottle came out with a smoother finish than the flares.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anything from stock to custom sprayed! Just want to see what’s out there and see how it looks over time
Old 04-10-2018, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
What kind of flares are you looking to see? My friend and I sprayed 2 sets of Poison Spyder flares and my water bottle. We did the raptor liner.

Advice- spray into the corners first, maybe even with regular rust resistant spray, then come over it with your liner. Spray close and at a higher (~55psi) pressure. My bottle came out with a smoother finish than the flares.
No question about how the flares are holding up as the product is good, but curious how they look in general. I was really hoping lining my tub was gonna be much easier to care for.....it's just as dirty as when carpet was in...just different dirty. It will never look as good as the day it was shot unless I get in there with a garden hose and brush. Pollen and dirt....ugh. I guess on flares at least easier to wash.

I just double checked the UPOL, and sorry, it says it can't be applied DIRECTLY to plastics......they suggest using their adhesion promoter first.

The Raptor liner was dang easy to use, not really any over spray outside of where you're pointing it, and it was very cost effective. I shot at 30psi as I wanted a heavier texture.....as Karl highlights, shooting at higher psi like his 55 will net a smoother finish.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pics !no one has done this?
Old 04-13-2018, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump bump bump

Quick Reply: SPRAY LINER FLARES show them!