Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Stock Stubby Rear Bumper Chop Mod

Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door
You did it. Looks good & love the overall look of your Jeep! I couldn't weld mine since I made it out of an old yield sign, so I just riveted around the top & front edges & ran a bolt clear through the side.

Great Job!!
Nice lookin rig! Who makes that tire carrier?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Earlier in this thread he states it's a home-brew rig.. mounts in the hitch receiver. Nice idea, but loosing the rear gate access would be a show stopper for me..
Old 08-18-2013, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JAM85
I went this rout. Unfortunately I dont have any close up photos of the chop. I had some plexi glass laying around that I used to cap the bumper. I just cut them to shape and used some epoxy to glue them on. Then I bed lined them with some paint on duplicolor.

eventually though you will end up seeing that even that is still too much plastic and install these bad boys. Less is more!

Wheres the muffler? I just took my rear bumper off... I see some paint/plasti-dip below the tailgate across the back. but the muffler and the heat shield are going to need some paint? In the pic above, looks like relocation?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lobster86

Could you tak pictures of the mount to the frame? Did you just cut off the two outer mounts and only reuse the two inner bolts?
Looks great.
I just used the two inner mounts. It easier and it helps when getting cought on rocks. Love the fact that someone copied this look.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JAM85
I went this rout. Unfortunately I dont have any close up photos of the chop. I had some plexi glass laying around that I used to cap the bumper. I just cut them to shape and used some epoxy to glue them on. Then I bed lined them with some paint on duplicolor. eventually though you will end up seeing that even that is still too much plastic and install these bad boys. Less is more!
This is what I want to do, the evo d-link mounts are a great add, and love the finish touch of the black paint.

joker----- Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Stock Stubby Rear Bumper Chop Mod