Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sweet custom windshield/lightbar!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
hmm, guess that could sound right... like i said, it was over a year ago. I'll call my dealership later and confirm their price... I don't think it was that expensive, but the more I think of it, 15 does sound WAY cheap... (if only I had my receipt somewhere)
Hmm lets make sure were talking about the same thing here. Rugged ridge makes this bracket for $67 a pair.

Or were you referring to this type?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats that extra piece there for?
That piece was welded in for some extra support and strength. You can see he added those pieces plus two tube supports on the upper corners of the bar.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Looks exactly like a modified KMA light bar like I am having them fab up in a few months.

I know I am looking at about $500 for a very similar bar with new windsheild brackets.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Looks exactly like a modified KMA light bar like I am having them fab up in a few months.

I know I am looking at about $500 for a very similar bar with new windsheild brackets.
I just got an e-mail from him w/more info, he bought the main tube from KMA, for $150 plus shipping then welded it on the brackets and reinforced it himself.

The whole lightbar from KMA is $365 plus $100 for windshield brackets. I like it without all the extra stuff. I don't like the upper bars that protect the lights. I would go lower profile with 4 or 6 4" high rectangular lights to fit in the garage.

Last edited by armycop; 11-18-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKid
Hmm lets make sure were talking about the same thing here. Rugged ridge makes this bracket for $67 a pair.

Or were you referring to this type?
the first picture you have there, I don't see any tabs for lights.

What I was trying to get, was like the first pic, but with tabs welded in, so it didn't look like a bolt on, like the 2nd/3rd pic.

To clarify, the part I have sitting in my garage was the first pic, from the Jeep dealership though, not from rugged ridge. I only wish I remember the price I paid... Though, after re-reading your post, $67 for a pair is not a bad price, and seems more like what I would have paid (maybe 30-ish each?)
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

To clarify, the part I have sitting in my garage was the first pic, from the Jeep dealership though, not from rugged ridge. I only wish I remember the price I paid... Though, after re-reading your post, $67 for a pair is not a bad price, and seems more like what I would have paid (maybe 30-ish each?)
clear. $67 sounded fair to me for a powdercoated set also. Plan on doing something like this in the near future for a light bar. Can't seem to find one on the market that I like (at a fair price)
Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
That piece was welded in for some extra support and strength. You can see he added those pieces plus two tube supports on the upper corners of the bar.
Ahh, it just didn't look welded in the pic, just taped in (guessing it was during the fab process, so weld wasn't done yet. I definitely like the idea of the added supports, and I do see the angled piece in the top corners.

Tell your friend, I like it very much, and he did a great job on this

and on a side note, ArmyCop... I must say, great logo for your avatar!

Click image for larger version

Name:	armycop.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	15693

Last edited by eaglemikeo; 11-18-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi

If I piece this bar together right, I figure $ 150 for the KMA tube, plus shipping makes ~$200. Then $67 for the RR brackets plus shipping. Then a little grinding and welding and you have a good lightbar for under $300. Plus lights 2-3 sets of 2" by 6" rectangles ~$150.

Last edited by armycop; 11-18-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by armycop
I just got an e-mail from him w/more info, he bought the main tube from KMA, for $150 plus shipping then welded it on the brackets and reinforced it himself.

The whole lightbar from KMA is $365 plus $100 for windshield brackets. I like it without all the extra stuff. I don't like the upper bars that protect the lights. I would go lower profile with 4 or 6 4" high rectangular lights to fit in the garage.
I know I am getting one built with the brakets 1.75" tubing and without the upper tube work and I am planning on adding a Baja Designs modular lightbar so it is easy to fold down / remove whenever I want to, and I could also run it so the lights are under the bar if I wanted.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rigid Industries is selling one with a 42" LED light setup... I just don't have the $1825 for the light!

Quick Reply: Sweet custom windshield/lightbar!