Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tereflex Performance (Spring) Leveling Kit Before and After on JKU

Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tereflex Performance (Spring) Leveling Kit Before and After on JKU

Just thought I'd post up a thread with a whole bunch of before and after photos of a JKU before and after a Tereflex PERFORMANCE (new springs) Leveling kit installation, I also added a TF SwayBar Quick Disconnect while I was in there. I found a few pics like these here and there but thought we could use a solid collection of one Jeep from different angles.
Also, I haven't changed Wheels and tires YET, so you can really see the change of just the springs.

For the Number crunchers out there I took measurements from front to rear and here are the results:
Before [] After == Net Change Measurement Taken from:
16 5/8 [] 19 1/4 == 2 5/8 Ground to bottom of front bumper
30 5/8 [] 33 == 2 3/8 Ground to bottom of front fender flare
34 5/8 [] 36 1/2 ==1 7/8 Ground to bottom of fender at tire center
5 1/4 [] 7 1/4 == 2 Edge of tire to tangent of fender Front
3 1/2 [] 5 3/4 == 2 1/4 Top of tire to horizontal plane of fender front
16 1/8 [] 18 3/8 ==2 1/4 Ground to front pinch seam
17 [] 18 1/2== 1 1/2 Ground to Rear Pinch Seam
34 3/8 [] 35 1/2== 1 1/8 Ground to Rear Fender Flare at tire center
5 1/8 [] 6 1/4== 1 1/8 Edge of tire to tangent of fender Rear
3 1/2 [] 4 3/4== 1 1/4 Top of tire to horizontal plane of fender rear
18 1/2 [] 19 1/4 ==3/4 Ground to bottom of stock rear bumper
Blue skies (first photo per group are before shots, gray skies after

Side Note: The springs really really truly improved the handling of the Jeep, I was skeptical that it would, but cornering is so much more confident and composed now.

Profile Taken Standing

Profile Taken Crouching

Front Taken Standing

Front Taken Crouching

Driver Corner

Rear Standing

Rear Crouching

Passenger Corner Standing

Passenger Corner Crouching

Last edited by Phantasm; 01-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics and right up. I am looking into something similar for my jeep. Do you still have stock brake lines? Did you need an alignment or steering wheel adjustment? Any weird ESP lights turn on or did you have to have computer reflashed? Just wondering, mine is still stock and I get a little worried if I do the same that I will have a bunch of issues.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! Do you know if the leveling kit voids the warranty? If not, that's definitely something I'd be interested in doing ASAP.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MADMAX07
Nice pics and right up. I am looking into something similar for my jeep. Do you still have stock brake lines? Did you need an alignment or steering wheel adjustment? Any weird ESP lights turn on or did you have to have computer reflashed? Just wondering, mine is still stock and I get a little worried if I do the same that I will have a bunch of issues.
I installed the spacer version of this lift. Stock brake lines are fine. No alignment needed. Did have to straighten my steering wheel, but that took 2 minutes. No computer flash needed or anything like that.

Originally Posted by shakeman0
Looks great! Do you know if the leveling kit voids the warranty? If not, that's definitely something I'd be interested in doing ASAP.
I have had warranty work done (steering shaft replacement) since installing the lift and had no issues. Best to talk to your dealer though. And it won't "void" your warranty. Only the parts of the vehicle that were replaced or that could be affected by the change. If you install this lift and then the dealer won't cover your power window motor if it goes out, then take them to court.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No lights, warnings or otherwise, stock brake lines all around, my steering was slightly off before install, now it is straight, so maybe. I did not get an alignment but was prepared to, so far its tracking straight. I did the install per the instructions, loosening all control arms etc. And used a garage lift ( auto craft shop on military base) and did it by myself. I did need a transmission jack to support the axle.
As for warranty, I don't think it should, lots of info around about having to prove blah blah. This lift is small and shouldn't hurt anything or cause premature failure. I have lifetime powertrain, so that was relevant to my decision as well.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent, that's BadA*s! I also have lifetime powertrain warranty, that's why I was worried about all that. I will definetly consider this when ready to do suspension upgrade. Thanks for all the answers.

Quick Reply: Tereflex Performance (Spring) Leveling Kit Before and After on JKU