Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TEX-AG's Incredibly Moderate Build Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up TEX-AG's Incredibly Moderate Build Thread

Howdy!

So for my 1000th post, I thought I'd start a thread to commemorate my up and coming build!! Which will be extremely mild and quite possibly boring for most of you..... But whatever here we go!

So I've had a 2008 Jeep Wrangler X since I was 16 years old (Thanks mommy and daddy!) and have been wheeling ever since. Obviously, I was ballin' on a budget so my Jeep has only been lightly modified.

Here's a current picture:

2.5" BB lift + 4 door springs, front bumper + winch, Mamba wheels and 33's yawn!

Well, this May I will graduating from Texas A&M University and moving to Dallas where I got an awesome job in the construction industry. At first, I did actually consider trading my dear jeep in for a new 2014 GMC...... But since I'm not exactly financially stable yet (and I've got that sweet lifetime powertrain warranty), I've decided to hold on to the Jeep. Hopefully forever. So come May I will be modifying my Jeep to raise it's driving quality and fit my work related needs. Gotta work first, play second.

So far I have been slowly upgrading the suspension:

AEV Geometry Correction Brackets

JKS adjustable track bars front and rear

Just these two small additions made a world of difference in the drivability of the Jeep.

Whats to come for sure:
New windshield that isn't cracked in every direction....
Cruise Control!!!!
New gears (I have brand new 4.88s front and rear still in the box if anyone wants to trade from 5.13s or 5.38s!)
35 inch Falken A/T's or Hankook Dynapros
Navigation and speaker upgrades
Under the seat handgun safe
Metal cloak coils and Fox 2.0 shocks
Rear bumper and tire carrier (leaning towards PureJeep)

Hopefuls:
Roof rack
LED headlights
Mastercraft Seats
Metal Cloak or PureJeep Fenders

If you can think of any interior mods that I could benefit from let me know! I need a vehicle that is comfortable to travel in extensively. Don't worry though, she'll still get some action. I can't stay away from the trails for too long!
[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2ep371z.jpg[IMG]
Well, I know its not super exciting but thats all I got! She'll be a trailer queen one day...... Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2574.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	533876   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2571.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	533881   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2573.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	533882  
Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Gig em! '92.

Steve
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Gig 'Em!
Im class of '14 and my father is class of '85!

BTW does anyone have experience with this security box?

I usually stay away from smittybilt products but this is a about 3x cheaper that the ARB alternative.

Quick Reply: TEX-AG's Incredibly Moderate Build Thread