Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

TF 2.5" spacers switched-out for Rusty's 3.25" coil springs

Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5" spacers switched-out for Rusty's 3.25" coil springs

I switched out my 2.5" TF spacers for Rusty's 3.25" springs. The TF kit I bought was the one with shocks and I also have replaced my trackbars with adjustables. So for the most part, I'm set up for this type of mod. Here are some comparo's

Before

After

Before

After

Side shot of new profile

My rig's in the middle of a transitional period. Like for instance, I removed the spitfire sticker shortly after this shot. I think that I'm going to rattle can my bumper with flat black so to take away the shine of the powder coat. Just doing some honing in on it's appearance. Those 35"s are starting to look small.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now.... just throw ur TF spacers back on top of those rusty's spring! LOL

it looks great! i love the dark red saharas!

EDIT: i guess it's red rock right? not dark red lol
Old 04-02-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

I forgot to mention that the springs cost only $220 for all four!

They make the stock springs look CHEAP. My Jeep drives a whole lot nicer then before. I was really afraid that because of the price that they wouldn't be up to par. The people at Rusty's were super nice... And ...Uhhhh.....Blessed with a touch of the southern draw... lol... Anyway, I ordered them Mon. around 5pm and got them today (Wed.) around 2pm. Pfffff!!! Can't touch that! I didn't even pay extra for quicker shipping either. These guys are tops in my book.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

how much was shipping?

and did you have to call them and ask for just the springs? that is a awesome deal. i really like there kit for $550! but i can t justify paying $125 for shipping.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
how much was shipping?

and did you have to call them and ask for just the springs? that is a awesome deal. i really like there kit for $550! but i can t justify paying $125 for shipping.
Shipping was $40. I checked out how much it would cost for the cheapest shipping when I tried to sell my spacers and for just them it was $20 at the cheapest to ship them out. So knowing that $40 made perfect sense to me. Besides, even with the $40 I still saved a crap load of dough for springs.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Another before shot..

Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hey Bolsak=3??

I've been looking at the Rusty's kit as well as the Rough Country 2.5 BB. Seems like you get more bang for the buck on the Rusty's kit. I have 2 questuons though. First from your experience of having a BB & now a full spring lift, which one would you recommend most? I mean if someone is considering springs they should get them from the start, right? Also, with the Rusty's lift did you have to do anything about your caster to get proper alignment? Trac bars wouldn't be an issue since how the complete kit comes with them for front & rear. I ask because other kits in this height such as the Black Diamond 3" have alignment cams. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Cool

Originally Posted by sick_x
I've been looking at the Rusty's kit as well as the Rough Country 2.5 BB. Seems like you get more bang for the buck on the Rusty's kit. I have 2 questuons though. First from your experience of having a BB & now a full spring lift, which one would you recommend most? I mean if someone is considering springs they should get them from the start, right? Also, with the Rusty's lift did you have to do anything about your caster to get proper alignment? Trac bars wouldn't be an issue since how the complete kit comes with them for front & rear. I ask because other kits in this height such as the Black Diamond 3" have alignment cams. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
If I were to do it all over again I would have started with a 3-4 inch spring lift that includes front and rear adj. track bars. I mean, that's pretty much what I have now but without a doubt it's were I should have started. What's nice about a spring lift is if you wanted an extra inch you could just add a spacer, and if you wanted an extra two and a half, again, just add a spacer. Of couse you have to build it as you go, but that's the whole point. You can build as you go with a kit like that. For instance, I plan to eventually start buying control arms and other fine tuning parts but for now it functions just fine without them. Plus it has a good size lift. As for Rusty's, I'm impressed. Very affordable and they look, and work perfect. The factory OEM springs looked down right el' cheapo when they came out, compared to Rusty's. They added and extra 1.5" over the 2.5"bb that was in there. I think just a bit less in the rear. You can tell that my lift looks a tad taller than that of some other 4" lifts. I didn't have to have the alignment done, just the steering wheel and the track bars adjusted. I personally would not go with a cam deal. I think that an adjustable control arm and pitman is a better way to go for overall flexablity and tuning. Especially for future modding.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!

But, I would rethink the idea of spraying flat black over a $1,200 front bumper just to get rid of the shine. Once you put spray paint on the bumper, you'll never get the nice powder coat back. You drive a sweet Sahara. They're supposed to look classy, not junkyard flat black.

Kinda sounds like puttin a $10 tattoo on an Orange County chick. She's still driving a BMW. Be proud, allow yourself to be classy.

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" spacers switched-out for Rusty's 3.25" coil springs