Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Then and Now

Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robin
nice looking rig, but 19 months for bb and tires? how sad
The reason it took so long is that I am leasing the Jeep. And I figured I likely shouldn't mod a leased Jeep. But after seeing all the bad ass modified Jeeps on this site, I decided to just do it. I may have to return it to stock in another 20 months, or I may just keep it.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rballman
nice ride. if you dont mind me asking...how much was the total cost of equipment and installation for the BB and spacers?
$250 for Teraflex 2.5 without new shock option
$100 for 1.5'' back spacers, i didn't get thrm on the front

I got that stuff from Northridge 4x4, free shipping.

I got the tires free. They are used and don't have much life left in them. The spare is brand new though. It cost $80 to mount and balance the five tires.

I installed the lift myself. I'm not that tool savy, and it lkely took me longer than most, but it was alright. A good beginner project.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh2001
The reason it took so long is that I am leasing the Jeep. And I figured I likely shouldn't mod a leased Jeep. But after seeing all the bad ass modified Jeeps on this site, I decided to just do it. I may have to return it to stock in another 20 months, or I may just keep it.
yes 39 months would be a long time to have a stock jeep. I have owned my jeep for seven months, and I have changed a lot of things, I don't know if I'm still going to have it for the next 32 months. my point is you at least know how long you'll have yours. so why not make it your own
Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
yes 39 months would be a long time to have a stock jeep. I have owned my jeep for seven months, and I have changed a lot of things, I don't know if I'm still going to have it for the next 32 months. my point is you at least know how long you'll have yours. so why not make it your own
Technically I signed a paper with my lease that says I will only install Mopar parts and only have service by authorized Mopar service centers. I guess I'm past that now.

I only have 7500 miles on the JK. I travel alot for work and haven't got to drive it as much as I'd like to.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh2001
Technically I signed a paper with my lease that says I will only install Mopar parts and only have service by authorized Mopar service centers. I guess I'm past that now.

I only have 7500 miles on the JK. I travel alot for work and haven't got to drive it as much as I'd like to.
I understand what you're saying, good luck with your jeep whatevere you decide to do with it.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why no spacers for the front?
Old 07-03-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Teraflex write-up on Project JK said that I need the spacers for the back with the TFlex lift. I don't need them on the front.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

I like it now

Quick Reply: Then and Now