Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

For those of you with JW Speaker Evo 2s, have you ever noticed...

Old 03-06-2015, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to check this out so cool
Old 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are solid lines... but mine are clean. I wonder if yours have a good dust covering on them calling Batman.

I had just had to warranty mine because they were one of the ones that the brights stayed on for 1-2 secs after switching them off, which is a manufacturing defect from the first run of the Evo 2s (from JW themselves). I just switched them the other night and will try to remember to get a picture tonight. I was surprised at how much blacker the new clean ones were; defective ones had a good 2 months of dust, dirt and eww on them.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MDRoots
Game changer! How much are these supposed to be? A quick search brings up $3xx and $700
They are in the $700 range. The $300 range are either sold singles or the Chinese knock offs.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hadn't noticed this until I saw this thread and had to check right away. Good eye OP for seeing this. Now I know why batman has been following me around lately.

For any interested in the 8700 Evolution 2's I did a couple little driving videos. Nothing special but it's what I wanted to see before I bought mine.

http://youtu.be/iZKu94_IJwk You'll see the bat signal at the beginning of this one:
http://youtu.be/eT9180xaPao
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-965662447.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	606400  
Old 04-15-2015, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spicoli
Mine are solid lines... but mine are clean. I wonder if yours have a good dust covering on them calling Batman.

I had just had to warranty mine because they were one of the ones that the brights stayed on for 1-2 secs after switching them off, which is a manufacturing defect from the first run of the Evo 2s (from JW themselves). I just switched them the other night and will try to remember to get a picture tonight. I was surprised at how much blacker the new clean ones were; defective ones had a good 2 months of dust, dirt and eww on them.
mine have a delay in the high beams going on and off. How did they handle the exchange? Mine was on the first run of evo2's.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default JWS Exchanges

Originally Posted by blackstang3o2
mine have a delay in the high beams going on and off. How did they handle the exchange? Mine was on the first run of evo2's.
I got a pair the other day from Rebel Off-Road and had Comissioner Gordon knocking on my door asking for help. That being said, this looks to be a pretty normal thing...let me ask you this, is anyone's cutoff uneven? I feel like my light isnt uniform and not sure any adjustment is going to fix that! I spoke with JW and they want me to send back to Rebel, for Rebel to send it to JW and have them tested and if its a true issue they will credit Rebel and have them ship me a new set....the LAST thing i want to do is pay to ship these back and be without them only to have them sent right back! (weeeeks later). Here is a close and far shot, the light is just not even, the closer pic has three darker spots below the cutoff line and the cutoff is not even either...is it me? should i lay off the

Click image for larger version

Name:	jw close.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	607436
Click image for larger version

Name:	jw far.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	607437
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talked to jw speaker yesterday, mine are the early run evo 2. 3 to 4 second delay from high beam back to low. They are sending me a new set this week.

Quick Reply: For those of you with JW Speaker Evo 2s, have you ever noticed...