Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tony Hawk's Jeep Railslide -- Video

Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I think the ad works. I'm a 57 year old male who's initiation to skateboarding began as two halves of a metal, adjustable size skate nailed to a piece of wood. I've been on a couple skateboards since, but they're just plain too fast and scary (though there is little chance of getting tripped up by a piece of pebble laying on the sidewalk!).

Anyway, I can see this ad placed on the various extreme sports TV shows (aka "action sports", though I think that terminology is stupid--what sport doesn't think it has action???). I sometimes watch those. Though my skills at such endeavors have long since waned, I do appreciate the skills that skateboarders, BMX'ers, etc have, and I do enjoy watching them display it. So, I'd see that ad. And, as I said up top, it works for me.

mark d.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really into snowboarding, and so are many young adults that i know. A commercial like this one (although not this one in particular) can definately reach a new market. Don't forget that people are participating in these sports for much longer, and many people are even just taking to these sports later in life. This is no longer a narrow market.

Quick Reply: Tony Hawk's Jeep Railslide -- Video