JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Trailskinz. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/trailskinz-309143/)

Rubi55 08-17-2014 12:03 PM

Trailskinz.

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone wheel with these magnets. Not sure how they hold up out on the trail. Looks like a great idea. Just not if they are worth the hassle

Attachment 571706

bad1chad 08-17-2014 01:53 PM

I've never had them so I can't give a first hand review. But they get awesome reviews in all the local clubs here that I've seen. They are on my shopping list.

mikeJKUR 08-17-2014 02:09 PM

I was just researching them yesterday. This is my second black vehicle and the pinstriping got really bad on my last vehicle and would like to prevent or minimize it as much as possible on this vehicle.

Mschneid 08-17-2014 03:29 PM

I have them in my "wish list", I just haven't pulled the trigger. I bought a silver jeep cause it hides a lot and if the cost ever comes down or I find a used set I will probably jump on them.

Rubi55 08-17-2014 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR (Post 3968390)
I was just researching them yesterday. This is my second black vehicle and the pinstriping got really bad on my last vehicle and would like to prevent or minimize it as much as possible on this vehicle.

I am in same boat as you. Black Rubicon and that sound of branches dragging across my doors is killing me. Nothing I havent been able to buff out but for a couple hundred bucks I am gonna try em out. I actually like the look of the flat black Trailskinz on the Black jeep.I havent seen em in person and not much on internet as of reviews or comments worth a shot

DanBlan 08-17-2014 04:26 PM

Anyone interested in paint protection should check out Rig Rubbers.

Rubi55 08-17-2014 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by DanBlan (Post 3968452)
Anyone interested in paint protection should check out Rig Rubbers.

I checked these guys out. It looks like this is vinyl protection for paint where Trailskinz have heavy duty magnets.

DanBlan 08-17-2014 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rubi55 (Post 3968504)
I checked these guys out. It looks like this is vinyl protection for paint where Trailskinz have heavy duty magnets.

Magnets and paint don't play nice together. Plus you have to wash your rig every time you want to use magnets.

Rubi55 08-17-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DanBlan (Post 3968519)

Magnets and paint don't play nice together. Plus you have to wash your rig every time you want to use magnets.

Got big money into my rig and tend to keep it clean so no biggie. Gonna give em a try to slow down the pinstriping and still have decent shine. Rig is only a year old and yeah I wheel it but still want to save the shine for a while

JDub23 08-17-2014 07:02 PM

I'd be more worried about dents than pin stripe...

Sent while my wife wasn't looking...