Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Trying to get ideas for my jeep so I went to look at a few.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get ideas for my jeep so I went to look at a few.

there is a custom jeep shop near my house that does conversions. I figured out that while these jeeps were lifted with good tires and looked cool but they were better for suburban cruising and light trail rather than off road. I think most were lifted sports with stock open differentials and stock gearing, no sway bar discos, no armor underneath but with all the bells and whistles where one can see them. most had nice warn winches with synth line that will probably never see use.

But they are pretty dang cool looking. When they told me the price of the conversion I almost fainted. I took pics of the bumper and fenders I like and found them online at 1/8th the $$$. I prefer to do work myself even if I am not real mechanically inclined.

not sure if this is the right forum for it, if not a mod can move it for me?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roundhouse
there is a custom jeep shop near my house that does conversions. I figured out that while these jeeps were lifted with good tires and looked cool but they were better for suburban cruising and light trail rather than off road. I think most were lifted sports with stock open differentials and stock gearing, no sway bar discos, no armor underneath but with all the bells and whistles where one can see them. most had nice warn winches with synth line that will probably never see use. But they are pretty dang cool looking. When they told me the price of the conversion I almost fainted. I took pics of the bumper and fenders I like and found them online at 1/8th the $$$. I prefer to do work myself even if I am not real mechanically inclined. not sure if this is the right forum for it, if not a mod can move it for me?
Thats starwood motors they have some pretty cool stuff but you are exactly right they dont make there mall crawlers for off road use. Where do you live in TX? Im in Dallas.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by robbins84
Thats starwood motors they have some pretty cool stuff but you are exactly right they dont make there mall crawlers for off road use. Where do you live in TX? Im in Dallas.
Lewisville, just got a jeep a couple weeks ago. so I am in mod mode hardcore.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Places like Starwood are popping up in Northern VA. The prices are insane for 100% off the shelf parts.

While doing the work yourself may be ideal, every town has a decent shop that can help you at MUCH lower prices.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

This type of business was very popular with the tuner crowd. Cheap cars with wheels, body kit, and paint that will pull a premium. Those would make a good starting platform for a wicked build though.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Armergedon007
This type of business was very popular with the tuner crowd. Cheap cars with wheels, body kit, and paint that will pull a premium. Those would make a good starting platform for a wicked build though.
They definitely would except for their $100,000 price tag :thumbdown:

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Quick Reply: Trying to get ideas for my jeep so I went to look at a few.