Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy JK Rear Security Drawer Pics

Old 10-07-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuffy JK Rear Security Drawer Pics

Headed to the Pomona 4x4 Expo yesterday and ended up buying the Tuffy JK rear security drawer #140 for the JK. Looked pretty cool for organizing and securing stuff. Installed it today. I was intending on doing a install write-up but the instructions are pretty clear and straightforward. Didn’t keep track of the install time because I was interrupted numerous times.

Here’s a few pics:

Unpacking the major parts.

Mounting brackets and hardware.

Assembling the left and right vertical panels to the drawer enclosure.

Test fitting.

The right cap panel. There is no support along the side closest to the window from the roll bar to the seatback. If you push on it, it bows downward. I’m gonna have to fab something (maybe just cut a piece of wood to fit) to give it some support.

The left cap panel. Same problem as the right.

Testing the drawer slides.

My old gear box.

I also bought the optional divider kit. Didn’t take any pics of the assembly. It was pretty easy. Lots of room to store everything and keep it organized and secure.

The best part is we can pile all of our camping gear on top of it and still access the gear inside, if necessary.

We’re gonna try it out on the trail next weekend at Anza Borrego. I’ll let you know how it works out.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks awesome hope it works for well for you
Old 10-07-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I can't wait to check this out next weekend. I have been debating whether or not to get one for the longest time, I'm just afraid it will take up too much room in my 2DR and not leave enough room for everything else. It'll really help me to see it in person even though it's in a 4DR.

How much room is left to the top of the tub, is that about four inches?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I will get one of these drawers and either fab a rack to mount above it with tie downs and stuff....or see if the Olympic Mountaineer rack will work with it. Looks good.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiophiliac
I think I will get one of these drawers and either fab a rack to mount above it with tie downs and stuff....or see if the Olympic Mountaineer rack will work with it. Looks good.
That is exactly what I am doing. I ran out out of wire and have not had a chance to finish welding it up, but its close enough to finished to get the idea across. I will mount it to the top of my Tuffy Security Drawer. I intend to mount a fire extinguisher on each side and highlift jack to the front end (between it and the seat).

Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I like it, but it looks like it hides the cubby storage hole. Are you able to put stuff in the cubby and still get to it if you pull the drawer out?

That cage on top looks hot though.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
I like it, but it looks like it hides the cubby storage hole. Are you able to put stuff in the cubby and still get to it if you pull the drawer out?

That cage on top looks hot though.
Slide the drawer out and you can get to the cubby. Kind of a pain, but you can do it.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks great. Is the drawer large enough to store your tent? We go on an 8 day trip each year and am curious whether I could store the tent and gear in the bin and the coolers on the top.

Thanks,
JKevbo
Old 10-08-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone installed this with the rear sub woofer? I am curious if it still sounds good.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

What happens if you need extra room in the back? For example, say you bought a TV or something, and wanted to fold the back seats up, does the drawer come out easy?

Also, is there any drilling involved?

Quick Reply: Tuffy JK Rear Security Drawer Pics