Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy JK Security Deck Enclosure? Anyone?

Old 02-14-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tuffy JK Security Deck Enclosure? Anyone?

I did a quick search on this but didnt find anything but someone selling one.

Has anyone got one? What did you think? How was the install?

I have a 2dr JK and realize that ends my rear seat as well.

Ideas, thoughts?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=tuffy+deck
Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

This one too. Tuffy security deck install... JK 4-door
Old 02-14-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I just installed one two days ago. Was a snap to install. Took about 45 minutes. (Two door will take longer) No Rattles yet. The top opens, you slide it forward then lift. So you can't get in there when the gate is closed. Seems sturdy enough. But I am going to add some anchors to the floor. I don't mind cutting and drilling and I don't like how it's attaches on the passenger side.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

i got one in a 2 door was easy works well any other ?s just ask
Old 02-14-2010, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

I just saw Robars pics. Tuffy ships these thing with better packaging yet. There were metal trays holding it all together. When I first saw these bar metal trays with a little rust on them I was a little pissed thingi I was going to have to paint this thing, (which would not happen until it was spring) I still had a bent tab on the passenger side. But there is no way I'd blame that on the packaging.

If Tuffy wants to save a few dimes, they include extra bolts to hold the trays to the lid that could be reused for installation.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm guessing this thing isn't compatible with the JL Audio Stealthbox as it looks to bolt to the same place that does. Also, I wonder if this things compatible with the MPAC rack. It looks like it sits high enough not to hit it.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice product and very well made. I got mine 2 months ago and the packaging was great. When I got mine the box looked ruff but the product inside was all in great shape with no bent tabs. The design of the product is very well thought out and the installation couldn't be any easier. I needed a place to put my bike gear in my Jeep and not have to worry about it walking off while I ride, especially in the summer when the top and doors are off. It’s also nice to be able to leave my recovery gear in the back now. This thing is solid and I’m not worried at all about someone breaking through it. I will be adding some tie downs to the top and inside of mine soon.

Camp light in back comes in handy.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

So

For those with 2 doors, do yah think it would be difficult to place yer rear seat back in if you needed to and how long might it take?

Im not using my jeep alot for taking ppl places, but once in awhile another couple might come with us and i might need the rear seat...
Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed mine today.

On a 2 dr rubi after the install of the deck there is NO WAY you are putting your rear seat back in wiothout removing the entire thing. So once it is in, you wont have a rear seat anymore unless you want to remove the whole unit.

Good to keep ion mind if you are a 2 dr looking to buy this. Not an issue for me.

Quick Reply: Tuffy JK Security Deck Enclosure? Anyone?