Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy Security Deck

Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tym
where do it drain? hoping the storage area is dry
There are two holes on the back of the tray that drain to the outside of the enclosure, between the enclosure and the seats. Although the Tuffy Deck is secure and somewhat water resistant, it is not water tight.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is definitely not water tight-- although I didn't expect it to be. It provides excellent security for the rear storage area, but it's not going to keep water out. Not having a sub-woofer, I can actually slide my whole hand through the subwoofer cutout (not that I would be able to get anything out).

All in all, I am very happy with this product. It's strong, well made and simple to install. The deck comes off in seconds and the rear panel comes off in just a minute or two without tools. The deck is high enough to allow quite a bit to be stored underneath it and is strong enough to hold a good load on top of it as well. The surface does scratch somewhat easily (as I quickly learned), so I'd recommend putting down a towel or rubber mat (one can be purchased from Tuffy) before putting much up there.

I think my only complaint is the fact that the tabs for the two-door installation are a little funky for us 4-door guys. They don't serve any function for the 4-door, but they do stick out a little and look like they could snag a bag or a blanket. I will most likely cut them off with a dremel, eventually. Other than that, I'd say the product is top-notch and well worth the added security!

Here's a crappy camera-phone pic:

Old 06-01-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, mine finally arrived about 10 minutes ago... now I just have to wait until after work.

I likes me some new toys!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I said screw it, blew off a couple of meetings and installed mine.

Not bad, only took 1 hour, 15 min.... Just missing some of the rubber seal that was supposed to be in the package.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Preacher
Well, mine finally arrived about 10 minutes ago... now I just have to wait until after work.

I likes me some new toys!
I said screw it, blew off a couple of meetings and installed mine.

Not bad, only took 1 hour, 15 min.... Just missing some of the rubber seal that was supposed to be in the package.
Now that's the right attitude. Mine was missing the roll of seal too, but I over came the problem with some thin weather strip that I had.
where are your pics?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
Now that's the right attitude. Mine was missing the roll of seal too, but I over came the problem with some thin weather strip that I had.
where are your pics?
You guys already supplied great pics so I figured mine would be superfluous.

But, since you are the boss and not because I love taking pictures of my Jeep....

And to show how much room is left behind the seats

Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

You guys already supplied great pics so I figured mine would be superfluous.

But, since you are the boss and not because I love taking pictures of my Jeep....

And to show how much room is left behind the seats
But your the first to take pics in a 2dr.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Doh! I didn't even notice that yours is a 4-door.....
Old 06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

I added a 1/4" rubber mat to the my Tuffy Security Deck to help keep things from sliding around. I used Velcro to fasten it down. I got a roll of Multi-Purpose Utility Mat from Tractor Supply Company. The mat was $41 but I am also using it to make floor mats.

This is what I used.

It looks like this.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good Robar

Quick Reply: Tuffy Security Deck