Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

UCFJEEP's Project Mutt build thread!

Old 05-31-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as the wife and I will hopefully be extending our family soon, I wanted to finish the rear cage for safety.

I purchased the Synergy Rear weld in kit. It came in pre-cut and deburred. Big thanks to those guys! Every bar was labeled for it's specific location. It made it easy to piece together. Now I CAN weld, but not well enough to trust in a rollover. So, I got in contact with a local welder of cages and frames etc. I had the entire Jeep stripped down and prepped for him. All he had to do was burn it in. After driving home in a downpuring thunderstorm getting all wet......I dried everything off and hit it with primer.

The next morning I sprayed it flat black and cut a lot of trim pieces to fit. Upon completing the install here is the final result. I love it!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May be a dumb question but, will the cage help lessen the probability of totaling the jeep if rolled or just passenger safety? Thanks! I'm from clermont as well btw but stationed in Germany for now. Hope to make it to one of your CJC meet and greets one day.

Quick Reply: UCFJEEP's Project Mutt build thread!