Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Uk Jk

Old 12-10-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uk Jk

I've just joined this forum and here's a photo of my JK, its a stocker for now
and probably will be for some time but i'm in no rush as i've also got 2 modied YJ's for the fun stuff only problem at the moment is my JK has a fault my dealers cannot resolve, i'll post on one of the other pages see if you guys can help out,

Cheers

Sarge

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nt=JK07EEP.jpg
Old 12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

hell ya, looks good man, cant figure out if i like those fron bumpers or not
Old 12-10-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Same here - we're unsure about the bumpers too! But its "European regulations" that have put their oar in!

It will stay standard for a while (while its under warranty!) but who knows what will follow. Our YJs are both suited and booted - lifted and kitted with winches, ARBs, CBs, rock bumpers and protection. Dont know if the JK will follow that way ... probably

Did I mention we have a lifted XJ too - about to be sold though as the JK was intended as a replacement.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if the original equipment bumpers can ever be legally replaced with a non-type approved winch bumper under the new European bumper regulations. I'm not a legal expert so I'm going to wait and see if ARB or Mopar start officially selling them in the EU.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Nice to see some more UK JKs, shame about your fault problem, just had a new HP pump myself, i was the lucky first one in europe.
Go on, raise the suspension, fit some proper tyres, and a winch, you know you want to
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bumper kindof reminds me of the AEV fron bumper without the center hoop, or winch mount. I like it.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies guys, i don't think mods are in the pipeline just yet, (unless you count a full set of husky liners) more is needed to my YJ, to catch up with the wife's this ones just a daily, or should i say was, now we've got 300C to use courtesy of the dealers.

Vince, I have heard of someone swapping there euro spec front bumper for a US one and fitting tow hooks, not sure though how you get over warranty issues if any.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not concerned about the warranty aspect for the time being, just the legality of removing a European type approved safety component from a European Jeep and replacing that component with a non European type approved component that may or may not pass the European bumper safety tests. There's a reason why European JK's have the ridiculous sofa size bumper.

The law has changed recently and I'm not certain if this is something that British insurers can drop your policy down to 'Road Traffic Act cover only' leaving you to pay for all damages and open to prosecution.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...en00370054.pdf
Old 12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is the attitude of most sensible humans. Unfortunately, because there are a few idiots that will step out in front of a car, all vehicle manufacturers now have to ensure that people will bounce of their cars when hit.

However, if an idiot steps out in front of a horse, cyclist, motorcyclist, bus, fire tender, ambulance, harvester, tractor, APC or an 80 ton truck, then the idiot deserves what's coming as none of these forms of transport that use the same roads have to pass the car crash safety tests.

I bet some politician got freaked out watching Death Race 2000 back in the seventies and decided to make sure it could never happen.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make the idiots alk inside of a bubble so when you hit them they are cushioned (kind of like the bubble boy in Seinfeld).