Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

UK JK mods so far

Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
yeh im having a very slow fill problem. im waitng for the dealer to get back to me as to what they can do. can they fix it? if they fail to fix it im looking into the long ranger fuel tank from auz, if i can just get their upgraded fuel lines i will just do that. its soooooooo annoying especially in the freezing cold.
Sounds like it could be a fuel restrictor problem?

We have issues with certain vehicles (not Jeeps, mind you) at my work being hard to fill with fuel. Some vehicles have a little plastic/rubber grommet installed (in this particular case just before the fuel reaches the tank from the bowser) that limits the flow of fuel passing through it, often making the bowser handle click-off frequently and stop pumping when you are filling up.

Don't quote me on this, as I would honestly have no idea if Jeeps have these installed or not, but it's just something you might like to ask your dealer.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nickwalk
Hi guys. Thought I'd load some pics of the latest mods I've had done.

Custom made tow loops which I had done as our bumpers don't have the cut outs to fit the Mopar hooks and don't trust the tie downs:

Safari snorkel:

And thought it would be fun to get a pic with my 1942 MB:

Next up is a 2" OME lift to replace my current 1 3/4 spacers and a hidden winch.

Love to see some other modded European or Aussie Jeeps so post some pics!
Nice Jeep! What type of skid plate is that?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
What kinda snorkel is that??
It's an ARB - only made for right hand drive.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Yep, the snorkel is Safari and was a b**d to fit - took 6 hours! Skid plate is standard Mopar. The front recovery points were made up as bolt on brackets similar to the AEV tow loops which I'd originally tried to source but couldn't get hold of.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

it looks as though the same spec one we get here in australia, its a shame that they blanked out the fog lights, looks good though
Old 01-18-2009, 04:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Very Nice...Of course the BEST color... Nice job looks good...
Old 01-18-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nickwalk
Yep, the snorkel is Safari and was a b**d to fit - took 6 hours! Skid plate is standard Mopar. The front recovery points were made up as bolt on brackets similar to the AEV tow loops which I'd originally tried to source but couldn't get hold of.
hey could you take a side pic and an under hood pic of the Safari snorkel. I'd like to see why it wouldn't work on Left hand drive JK's.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
yeh im having a very slow fill problem. im waitng for the dealer to get back to me as to what they can do. can they fix it? if they fail to fix it im looking into the long ranger fuel tank from auz, if i can just get their upgraded fuel lines i will just do that. its soooooooo annoying especially in the freezing cold.
Sad news is about the slow fill is there is nothing they can do so far, they will say that it is a sticky vent valve and spend the day cleaning it. It comes down to poor engineering or engineering to meet cost cutting. The filler pipe is the same for both petrol and diesel 19mm with is about the same diameter as most fuel bowsers. It doesn't allow for the fact that diesel foams when pumped. So you have a restricted foamed flow that doesn't have the pressure to open the vent coupled with an extremely shallow slope for the filler pipe is a recipe for the bloody thing not to work.
There is a thread about this on ausjeepoffroad and a fix they call the Stevil Fix, basically involves replacing the standard fuel filler line with an 38 mm ID fuel proof hose.

Mine does it at only certain petrol stations so I try to use the ones it doesn't happen at it I can, because 15 minutes to fill up is ridiculous.

Unfortunately the filler replacement that comes with the Long Ranger is only a part of that set-up. Good news is the Stevil Fix is about AUS$20 all up which is what about 6 or 7 Pounds.

Have the diesels over that way started blowing the turbo hoses ala KJ Cherokees?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Why no LHD Safari Snorkel

Originally Posted by britjk
hey could you take a side pic and an under hood pic of the Safari snorkel. I'd like to see why it wouldn't work on Left hand drive JK's.
It won't work as the Brake Booster is on the other side to that of the LHD, I don't have the snorkel fitted but have an ARB compressor fitted in the space that the snorkel comes up through.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Thats where my battery sits - I can relocate that. The second pic is what a guy in Australia did. Hmmmmm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	my homemade CAI.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	17898   Click image for larger version

Name:	snorkel2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	17899  

Last edited by britjk; 01-18-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Quick Reply: UK JK mods so far