Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild

Old 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will agree with you that top off, the half doors look great! I like the way the rear of the door is even with the rear of the body. But, I go on and off a military post and have to show ID every time I go on. The roll up windows are definately easier and longer lasting than the zippers. I would have opted for half doors with a sliding glass window upper door if it was an option!

Last edited by armycop; 04-13-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like them...
Old 04-14-2007, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow...glad I went with the full doors. To each his own, but half doors are definitely not for me.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeesh. Why was every one all hyped about half doors anyways? As a Canadian they make no sense to me. I guess if you live in Florida or something, but still. I am loving the hell out of my power windows now. I can toss the dog in the back and crank it down for him easily.

I think the best thing would be Jeep should offer a half and full door option. Use the full doors when you want, take em off and put on halfs when you want.

Thats why I love Jeeps, they are like the Mr Potato heads of offroading.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

I agree that these don't look too great UP, but you can't beat the look when the top's down and the half doors are missing their zip-uppers...

When I test-drove a 2-door X back in December, it had the half doors (I sh1t you not - must've been one of very few with half doors available at the time, because I know that they weren't a readily available option until recently). What I noticed was that, even though the Jeep was brand new, the plastic side windows up front had this awful "distortion" effect - it was like putting on someone else's prescription glasses, and was making me feel nauseous...

I'm with Armycop and hope that the aftermarket comes out with some reasonably-priced alternative, soon. I'm hoping for something like half-doors with an outer "skin" that can be removed, so you can run 'em as half doors with the zip-in upper and skin, or strip 'em down to tubes if you so choose... that'd be pretty cool IMHO.

Thanks for sharing the pics with everyone.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Take it all off and I love it! Unfortunately I have to do most of my driving with the stuff on, and I think it looks goofy. May be it will grow on me.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I agree that these don't look too great UP, but you can't beat the look when the top's down and the half doors are missing their zip-uppers...

When I test-drove a 2-door X back in December, it had the half doors (I sh1t you not - must've been one of very few with half doors available at the time, because I know that they weren't a readily available option until recently). What I noticed was that, even though the Jeep was brand new, the plastic side windows up front had this awful "distortion" effect - it was like putting on someone else's prescription glasses, and was making me feel nauseous...

I'm with Armycop and hope that the aftermarket comes out with some reasonably-priced alternative, soon. I'm hoping for something like half-doors with an outer "skin" that can be removed, so you can run 'em as half doors with the zip-in upper and skin, or strip 'em down to tubes if you so choose... that'd be pretty cool IMHO.

Thanks for sharing the pics with everyone.
like the element doors?
Old 04-14-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

after having half doors on my TJ, all I have to say is its over. I usaually have the doors on or off....no where in between. The problem I have with half is that it leaks water in, the wind can catch the upper and move it in a out, and its just annoying. When we order the new JK we are getting 4 full doors with power windows.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

I like the 1/2 doors, but still glad I got full.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

hey thank for those pics !!

I'll have to agree with the others I don't like the look of the top half too much. but I never wanted the top half just the bott half so off to the parts dep. I go I will be talking to them tomarrow about them.

Quick Reply: Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild