Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Went a little crazy with the Makita

Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it definitely does look pretty crazy, not sure I'm a huge fan. It definitely is a fun and different experience though. Don't worry all, I have no intention of driving it like that on any real trip, but with the work put in I felt obligated to give it at least a little road. I really can't comment on the owner's manual instructions though, we kind of jus went at it (careful though becuase almost all the plastic parts are held on with those stupid white plastic screws).

I do agree though that the massive gap between the hood and the dash made me very uncomfortable. Really think they could of done something different. Oh well though, really the only way to go on the beach.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
i am a firm believer in folding it down off road. there's nothing like it!!!

here's my girl in our trail rig

I know what you mean, it is much funner offroading with the windsheild down!

My CJ-5:

Old 06-24-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DubVU
Wll I am going to the beach next week and wanted to see how much work would be required to get the windshield folded down. All in all, took me and a buddy about a half hour. Was pretty easy, and was glad to see they stopped painting over every bolt. After folding it down, it was just 4 bolts holding it on, so we decided to jus go ahead and take it all the way off. Definitely got a lot of looks driving it around like this.

why...................

Quick Reply: Went a little crazy with the Makita