Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed the oil.... and found out what a nightmare it is with the new RRskids up front. Even with a splash guard the damn stuff still went everywhere...
Old 11-23-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JKS Quicker disconnects.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wiped down all my roof and door gadgets with silicon spray.

No more squeaks with the freedom panels on.

They must have been dry from being in the bag since last April.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpyD JEEP
This weekend i removed teh silver bumper covers they put on the sahara's. I like the all black look MUCH better. XHD ront bumper ordered and on its way

will post pics when the bumper is on

I LOVE MY JEEP!!!
I did the same w/mine and sold them on this site.

Some folks don't have them and want them.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Talking chopped front frame rails and fender cut

I started by replacing my Rubicon electronic sway bar with a oem sway bar (sahara). then I cut the frame back just behind the foward sway bar mounting hole. i welded a hitch tube into a 2X3X3/16 tubing and covered it all with a cut to match piece of 3/16 diamond plate. The purpose for all this was entry angle, now I find that the fenders stick out too much so I cut the fenders back. In light of my future deployment I chose to spend some money on the jeep. So on the way is a full set of bush whacker flat fenders, AEV snorkel, JKS front quick disconnects, Hyline Offroad hood heat reduction kit, Warrior diamond plate rear corners and rugged ridge front floor mats. My buddy bought some sliders and I made some templates and plan on making diamond plate sliders this weekend. Oh yeah i relocated my evap can obove the rear axle after i bent the skid back in a up hill rock garden and broke the role over valve. I also have brakes ready to go on and i'm picking up a new muffler this weekend to relocate and replace my crushed muffler. Rubicon, PLAY HARD-BREAK HARD-UPGRADE gotta love it
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doubleusn
I did the same w/mine and sold them on this site.

Some folks don't have them and want them.
never thought to sell them, though not a bad idea. I figured i'd keep all the stock stuff to put back on if i decide to sell the JK. Mind you, i dont think the silver bumper covers would make a diff on a sale of a used Jeep. i probably will list them when i get back from florida in january. what did u sell them for?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpyD JEEP

never thought to sell them, though not a bad idea. I figured i'd keep all the stock stuff to put back on if i decide to sell the JK. Mind you, i dont think the silver bumper covers would make a diff on a sale of a used Jeep. i probably will list them when i get back from florida in january. what did u sell them for?
I wanna say it was ~$150.00
Old 11-23-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my bump steer down to a manageable level. Added the aev ca brackets and a steering stabilize relocation bracket. I need to add a space in-between the outer small mounting hole and the axle bracket. I have the jks reinforcement bracket and the steering stabilizer bracket doesn't mount flush. Also could only use 2 of the 3 mounting holes as the nut hit my track bar so I need to figure something out for that. I might say screw it and just weld it on and eliminate both problems.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the Hothead Headliners I purchased two months ago (yeah I've been busy).

It took about 15 minutes and they look great. I've read way earlier in this thread that they reduce the heat transfer from the sun that some folks experience in Texas or other warmer climates, but boy did they take the chill off in Minnesota. I've noticed a huge difference in the time it takes to heat up the cabin and I can use much lower heat and fan settings to keep it warm.

These things were a great add.

I also installed the Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover. A base piece screws into the tailgate and then two different gear bags use a military gear strapping setup to affix the bags to the gate. They can be positioned however they best meet your needs.

The base piece didn't hang flat, so although the kit provided self tapping screws, I ended up pre-drilling holes so that I could correctly align the base piece. Install was about 20 minutes. I now have a great place to store my emergency first aid kit, Mag-light flashlight and a small set of tools.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

i went thru a little mud puddle, or i should say puddles on my way home from work the other night, and then 2 days later i washed it. didn't have time to hand wash it as it was starting to get cold and windy, so i went thru the reg car wash and it did a very crappy job! but with the jeep not being washed in about a month and a half it looks better than it did, just not with that personal touc.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?