Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't posted lately, so here is what I've been up to. On Saturday, April 30th, my Sahara Unlimited burned to the ground . I will post some pics eventually. Later the following week, I placed a deposit on a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited. It is pretty much stock, so I have a long list of things to do... I'm currently cleaning up the front bumper from my old jeep (ARB slightly modified) to reinstall it on my new Rubicon. I have to take it to be re-line-x'd, hopefully on Thursday or Friday. I also removed the rear bumper from my old jeep (Rampage slightly modified) and it is waiting to be installed. I removed the window visors, and door entry guards too. They are also ready and waiting to be installed. The HID FX-R retrofit I had on the old jeep was a complete loss (over $500 dollars down the hole). So today, UPS will be delivering my new HID Morimoto H1 retrofit kit. I fly to Baltimore on Wednesday to pick up the Rubicon, so I will probably be spending the next few weekends getting my new ride back to the place where my old ride left off. Oh yeah, I also ordered a 2.5" RC suspension lift and some new slush mats. They should be here next week sometime. And I'm adding LED turn signals and side markers. I also plan to paint the wheels and add some stickers as well. I've got a lot going on thanks to an untimely fire and the generosity of my insurance company!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember you talking about the fire... At least you were able to a Rubi and keep some of the old mods (already paid for)... Looking forward to pics of the new project Rubi.....
Old 05-16-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shankspony

congratulations!
Thank you!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jvandy50
Took off my stock trackbar and rancho trackbar bracket and drop pitman, installed stock pitman and Teraflex monster adj trackbar. Also ran wires for my lights once the brackets come in. Very productive weekend.

Then I drove it for the first time married...Feels different lol
Contests indeed....
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidmech21
I haven't posted lately, so here is what I've been up to. On Saturday, April 30th, my Sahara Unlimited burned to the ground . I will post some pics eventually. Later the following week, I placed a deposit on a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited. It is pretty much stock, so I have a long list of things to do... I'm currently cleaning up the front bumper from my old jeep (ARB slightly modified) to reinstall it on my new Rubicon. I have to take it to be re-line-x'd, hopefully on Thursday or Friday. I also removed the rear bumper from my old jeep (Rampage slightly modified) and it is waiting to be installed. I removed the window visors, and door entry guards too. They are also ready and waiting to be installed. The HID FX-R retrofit I had on the old jeep was a complete loss (over $500 dollars down the hole). So today, UPS will be delivering my new HID Morimoto H1 retrofit kit. I fly to Baltimore on Wednesday to pick up the Rubicon, so I will probably be spending the next few weekends getting my new ride back to the place where my old ride left off. Oh yeah, I also ordered a 2.5" RC suspension lift and some new slush mats. They should be here next week sometime. And I'm adding LED turn signals and side markers. I also plan to paint the wheels and add some stickers as well. I've got a lot going on thanks to an untimely fire and the generosity of my insurance company!

Well, sorry for your loss but it at least sounds like you're going to make out pretty good. Congrats on the new Rubi!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are the pics pre-fire, video during, and the pics 1 hour post-fire...

PRE:

DURING:

http://www.truebluedogs.com/jeep/Fire/Fire.avi and POST:

Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Damn......
Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Damn......
Ditto that...
Old 05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's crazy man sorry to hear bit happy that the insurance company is taking care of you good luck on your new build
Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry brother

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?