Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiBus

It's not all that easy. I did actually break my factory ones when I replaced them with the clear ones that Crown sells. Of course those are gone now, too, though.
I got stuck after pushing the top tab to pull it out from the back fender, and then thats where it gets caught. Its so agravating when you think your so close and cant get it
Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by waddicon
Attachment 245689

Amazing what a difference a new pair of shoes and socks makes. Sort of takes it from Country to Jungle.

35" Falken Rocky Mountains and AEV Pintlers for Sunday-go-to-meeting type events and mild offroading.

38.5" Pitbull MadDogs and ATX Slabs for more adventurous outings.

Sort of a Jekyl and Hyde combination
That looks bad @$$, what a difference socks and shoes make
Old 12-05-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kleinrider
Put my Shrockworks sliders on, just waiting for the bumpers now (yep, both)!
Great choice. Beefy, indestructible sliders.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

New rims and tires, happened sooner than I had even hoped. Just need to clean off the "blue walls".

Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duongsterr
Looks good howd you manage to get the side markers out? I felt like i was gonna break them lol they are such a PITA to take out
It's not all that easy. I did actually break my factory ones when I replaced them with the clear ones that Crown sells. Of course those are gone now, too, though.
I had to remove the plastic rivets from the fender liner first (which you do by pushing out the center screw using a thin screwdriver - PITA) and then ease the marker lenses out slowly. It is quite difficult, and the scariest part was putting the newly-painted lenses back in without scratching off the paint/clearcoat. I also accidentally broke off the plastic tabs on both of the lenses. That doesn't matter though, as they stay in place just fine without them.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Just picked up the JK from the dealership. Had the Transmission lines L05 recall done....

Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Just a question, but why would you Photoshop the snorkel to the driver's side? Oh...and the Slabs look great! Your pic of the Pintlers makes me glad I didn't go that route. No offense.

Back on topic....changed the factory diff fluid out finally. It was only about 11K miles overdue
The two pictures I took originally had the jeep facing the same direction in both photos. In order to get them nose-to-nose I simply did a mirror image of the photo with the beadlocks. That makes it look like the snorkel is on the drivers side (or that the jeep is right-hand driver) whereas in fact it is not - just a mirror image.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Painted my fairlead. We will see how it holds up. :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2080852532.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	246040  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by waddicon

The two pictures I took originally had the jeep facing the same direction in both photos. In order to get them nose-to-nose I simply did a mirror image of the photo with the beadlocks. That makes it look like the snorkel is on the drivers side (or that the jeep is right-hand driver) whereas in fact it is not - just a mirror image.
Either way, jeep looks great!!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Just replaced my dome light and license plate light with LEDs from superbrightleds.com. Picture doesn't do it justice but well worth the $13 shipped for all three bulbs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2142.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	246075

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?