Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a 3rd row seat in the back of my JK. Used a seat out of a 2004 wrangler with floor plate. I used g8 bolts and 1/2 backing plates bolted to the body to hold the seat down. Then got universal seat belts from the part store and bolted those to the floor mounts. I'm still needing to get the role bar extended over the rear. My kids love. The seat is removable and I can still use the rear storage.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Buger
I put a 3rd row seat in the back of my JK. Used a seat out of a 2004 wrangler with floor plate. I used g8 bolts and 1/2 backing plates bolted to the body to hold the seat down. Then got universal seat belts from the part store and bolted those to the floor mounts. I'm still needing to get the role bar extended over the rear. My kids love. The seat is removable and I can still use the rear storage.
Got any pictures?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

yeah seriously.. talk about something as cool as this and then not post a picture.. I thought about it before and really want to see how yours turned out
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol I know that was coming I am out of town right now so I can't get them. I will be back Friday and take some pics and show them.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great, thanks for the info.

Last edited by brutusroof; 10-24-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Pics already addressed
Old 10-24-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will as soon as I get back to town I'll take a few. Sorry about your finder problem. I hope there wasn't any body damage.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will as soon as I get back to town I'll take a few. Sorry about your finder problem. I hope there wasn't any body damage.
Thank you. Luckily for me it just ripped the fender off. I couldn't see any scratches or bent metal so I'm assuming she hit the fender and rear bumper, which is heavy duty metal. Ins deductible is only $50 so I'm gonna try for all new.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to here hope it works out. Do you know what finders you will go with?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to here hope it works out. Do you know what finders you will go with?
I was thinkin about goin with something like this Poison Spyder Custom Part 17-02-030-ALUM - Front Aluminum Crusher Flares - Standard Width but I'm not sure what they will look like on. I also don't know if the insurance company will only pay to replace the back pair since only one was broken.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Paint Protection

Originally Posted by EmptyPocketsRubicon
Are you talking about clear coat? or something different? I would like to hear a little more about this paint protector stuff you talk of.

Its called XPEL.....its expensive but so is repainting the front end of any vehicle. I have had it on several cars and trucks and it protects the paint from dings, chips, road rash etc. Most high end Lexus, Benz, Porche dealers have installers or contract it out. You can read about it here- XPEL.com

If you plan on keeping a vehicle a long time or you like the finish to stay chip and ding free, its worth the $$$ IMHO. I am having the grill, headlights, turn signals, fenders, small painted area of bumper, entire hood, windshield pillars, the top of the w/s frame (painted area) done this Saturday morning. The material is extremely tuff, in fact you cannot push a car key through it. I highly recommend if you have it installed shop around for a seasoned installer. My installer has done several of my cars and trucks.

The film is clear and invisible on most colors like BLLET SILVER

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?