Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-27-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put spidershades on my Rancho tube doors

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150527_204313.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	612589
Old 05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Finally finished the fenders, trektop, and bed cover
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1855734633.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	612592  
Old 05-27-2015, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Stickers are -Done-!!

Name:	image-2883775225.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	612600
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Big Transformation Week

So here goes my first post to this forum even though I'm on my second Jeep JK. First go round was a 2009 JKU Sport (2-wheel drive), however, I finally pulled up my big boy pants and bought a 2014 JKU Sahara - Altitude Edition. Main reason for the upgrade was the new engine and getting into a 4WD. Anyway, enough about that. I recently attended the 4WheelParts Truck & Jeep Fest in Dallas a couple weeks ago and was one of the first 50 folks in the door. At 52 y/o, I was one of the slower ones running to the back of the event center for the scratch and dent deals, but my local San Antonio rep was working the event and pulled me over to a heck of a deal on my new rims. They had four Fuel Trophy D552 rims that each had very minor (i mean I really had to look to find any) damage. Anyway, they were marked as $200, so I thought that was for each wheel since they are normally $279/ea, but to my surprise it was for the set of four and my local 4WP guy marked them down to $150 cash (that's an 87% discount and no tax). I then proceeded to the front of the event center where all the vendors were and bought the ProComp 305/70/18 MT2's to wrap around the wheels. I saved another $260 on the five tires, then came the hard part...paying $250 for the fifth wheel for the back of the Jeep (it's a shame there wasn't a 5th scratched rim for another $50 or so). Rolled over to the Smittybilt winches and bought the X2O Synthetic Rope 10K Winch. Located the Bilstein rep and ordered the 5100 Series Shocks all around and then a Fox 2.0 Performance Steering Stabilizer. I had purchased some cube LED's off of Amazon, so I bought the Daystar Dash Panel and 5 Toggle Switches and will have to get to installing the lights in the coming weeks. I did install my backup camera this weekend and had the dealer flash the 430n Head Unit today for $70. It's getting late and I only have a single picture after getting the rims, tires and shocks put on yesterday, so I'll post what I've got and put some more up later. Oh I also Plasti-Dipped my door hinges in black, let me know what you think. Talk to you guys soon as I get some more pics and get some more stuff installed. Have a good night!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150526_132109_resized.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	612611  
Old 05-28-2015, 02:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenso1963
So here goes my first post to this forum even though I'm on my second Jeep JK. First go round was a 2009 JKU Sport (2-wheel drive), however, I finally pulled up my big boy pants and bought a 2014 JKU Sahara - Altitude Edition. Main reason for the upgrade was the new engine and getting into a 4WD. Anyway, enough about that. I recently attended the 4WheelParts Truck & Jeep Fest in Dallas a couple weeks ago and was one of the first 50 folks in the door. At 52 y/o, I was one of the slower ones running to the back of the event center for the scratch and dent deals, but my local San Antonio rep was working the event and pulled me over to a heck of a deal on my new rims. They had four Fuel Trophy D552 rims that each had very minor (i mean I really had to look to find any) damage. Anyway, they were marked as $200, so I thought that was for each wheel since they are normally $279/ea, but to my surprise it was for the set of four and my local 4WP guy marked them down to $150 cash (that's an 87% discount and no tax). I then proceeded to the front of the event center where all the vendors were and bought the ProComp 305/70/18 MT2's to wrap around the wheels. I saved another $260 on the five tires, then came the hard part...paying $250 for the fifth wheel for the back of the Jeep (it's a shame there wasn't a 5th scratched rim for another $50 or so). Rolled over to the Smittybilt winches and bought the X2O Synthetic Rope 10K Winch. Located the Bilstein rep and ordered the 5100 Series Shocks all around and then a Fox 2.0 Performance Steering Stabilizer. I had purchased some cube LED's off of Amazon, so I bought the Daystar Dash Panel and 5 Toggle Switches and will have to get to installing the lights in the coming weeks. I did install my backup camera this weekend and had the dealer flash the 430n Head Unit today for $70. It's getting late and I only have a single picture after getting the rims, tires and shocks put on yesterday, so I'll post what I've got and put some more up later. Oh I also Plasti-Dipped my door hinges in black, let me know what you think. Talk to you guys soon as I get some more pics and get some more stuff installed. Have a good night!
Welcome, Steve. Good for you. That's awesome you have the Jeep you want now. It's looking great already and am looking forward to seeing it progress.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stevenso1963
Awesome first post!! Welcome to club Just Empty Every Pocket. Can't wait to see your progress in the coming weeks.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wayfinder
It's the Trektop NX. The side and back windows are removable and the front (forward of the soundbar) flip back also. There are a few brackets and door surrounds, but the top comes with all the required hardware, etc. So far, I really like it. The rear visability is much better than with the hardtop.
I bought the same top and have had it on since May 1st. I love the ease of flipping the front top back.....even at a stop light. Rear viewing is better. Only draw back is quick/easy access to cargo area. Have to undo back section and either roll up or remove. With the top of the back section was zippered rather than the track that slides in. Anyone have the same top and other suggestions besides having to half unzip sides in order to remove back section to get full access to cargo area?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Name:	image-1311605530.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	612663

Just installed my bestop soft doors. Great product
Old 05-28-2015, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demosjk
Attachment 612663

Man, I love that color. Nice rig.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demosjk
Attachment 612663

Mean ass rig! Doors look great!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?