Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slacktide
I made a mid width front bumper
Nice job! I haven't decided if I'm going to do this or remove the plastic cover.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Changed my diff oil to Amsoil 75-140 - 500 miles since I had my gears done.

Put 3/4 inch spacers in the front to compensate for the drop caused by my winch and bumper. Pics tomorrow - it was 9:30 when I finished, so no more light.

I also made my own winch cover - I couldn't see paying $60 for a cover that I could make for $15. I used marine grade vinyl that I found at a local material store, and sewed it on my wife's machine. My 1st attempt will do what it is designed for, but I'm thinking about making another one, and correcting some of my mistakes. It isn't finished yet (still have to sew on the velcro straps), but as soon as it is, I'll post some pics, and probably do a write up.

JD

Last edited by jd1066; 03-06-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put my new tires on and the 2 1/2" TerBB is going on today

Old 03-07-2009, 03:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sceptre
Finally, received my Shrockworks Stubby. I love it. Now, I just need a winch. Also, installed the Xenon Narrow Flares a couple of weeks ago.
Stubby looks great .....How long was the wait? Thanks...
Old 03-07-2009, 06:52 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

just installed a new steering box (my 2nd one ) new drag link, new tie rod and new teraflex steering stabilizer.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
just installed a new steering box (my 2nd one ) new drag link, new tie rod and new teraflex steering stabilizer.
Did you go with a heavy duty steering box? What brand tie rod? Seems like someone had a heavy duty steering box,pump, can't remember who though.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Did you go with a heavy duty steering box? What brand tie rod? Seems like someone had a heavy duty steering box,pump, can't remember who though.
i wish. actually, i'd really like to get a psc ram assist but they are bucks as far as tie rods go, i just installed a spare factory one that off road evolution had sitting around (BTW - this is my 3rd tie rod). however, i've decided that enough is enough and will be getting a rockkrawler chromoly to replace it - should be the last one i get
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i wish. actually, i'd really like to get a psc ram assist but they are bucks as far as tie rods go, i just installed a spare factory one that off road evolution had sitting around (BTW - this is my 3rd tie rod). however, i've decided that enough is enough and will be getting a rockkrawler chromoly to replace it - should be the last one i get
Thats what I'm thinking about going with. I'm sending you a pm about something.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aldaman
Stubby looks great .....How long was the wait? Thanks...
Dude, the wait was UNBEARABLE!! I ordered in Aug 08 and received 05MAR09, so almost 8 months

It is sweet though!!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:26 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Brigitta
Wow, I thought you were "anti steering stabilizer". I recall reading this from you on a death wobble thread:
saying that "you won't even need a steering stabilizer" if your suspension is dial in IS NOT the same thing as being "anti steering stabilizer".

Are you just saying the stabilizer won't help the death wobble or are you saying if you're suspension and steering system are set up correctly you won't need a stabilizer?
neither. a steering stablizer will help to absorb the forces that create DW and therefore control it to a degree. however, that DOES NOT mean that it fixes DW. if you have your suspension setup correctly, have all the components tightened to their appropriate torque setting and do not have any mounts or bushings that are failing, you WILL NOT have DW even if you do not have a steering stablizer installed.

is a steering stabilizer "nice" to have? yes. is one needed? no.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?