Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 11-02-2019, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctopher86
Started to go through the boxes of take offs from the previous owner and learned how to take off the Hard top.

Day 1 with all of the goodies that came with the sale
Besides the lift and gears what did you add for the 37s?
Old 11-08-2019, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Put the jeep on a diet by pulling out all of these unnecessary parts. A keen eye will recognize why these parts are all coming out. Still a couple more tomorrow then it'll go back together......in a brisk 32* garage. Rear ds is already on the table for a rebuild and the front needs full replacement. I don't think the TF rzeppa kit can save it.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok her is a picture of the ATAS 120.jim
Installed My High frequency antenna yaesu ATAS 120 6 meter through 40 meter antenna to my drivers wind shield using RUGGED RADIOS mount drilled and tapped for 5/8 x 24 for the Antenna. running wires and coax now for the yaesu 857D Transceiver ,jim
Old 11-16-2019, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Radio is in and new emblems on each side

Old 11-17-2019, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

got back from Moab and swapped to my winter tires and wheels.

Old 11-17-2019, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Wink

Added Currie AntiRock, no more quick disconnects for me.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RotorHead
Well, it's official. I'm now a member of the 37 Club. I ended up going with 37X12.50x17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR mostly because of availability. So far I am pleased with the ride. The back end of my JK is kind of light without the spare tire mounted so it sticks up in the air a little. I'm hoping that when I install my rear bumper, spare tire, and hard top it will level out. If not there is a small spacer I can remove.

I have not flexed it yet, but I don't believe I will have any clearance issues. It's really kind of amazing how well the 4 door swallows 37's.

Agreed...they fit the 4 door just right to me. I installed the poison spyder crusher flares. So much room I went with the 37s too. Loving the new look on your baby! Awesome...sweet lift kit too. I have the 3.5in Rubicon Express Kit. You talked me into that Teraflex lift if I happen to need the extra 1/2 inch.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Added yaesu FT-857D Ham radio

Originally Posted by Jimmy_c

Ok her is a picture of the ATAS 120.jim
Installed My High frequency antenna yaesu ATAS 120 6 meter through 40 meter antenna to my drivers wind shield using RUGGED RADIOS mount drilled and tapped for 5/8 x 24 for the Antenna. running wires and coax now for the yaesu 857D Transceiver ,jim

Behind shifter out of sight and away from any rain leaks

Finished install of yaesu FT-857D HF transceiver
Old 11-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Continued to test the Mickey's in the clay. They passed yet another day. Trail 6, I think it was, out at Windrock park.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Fixed the latest round of codes and problems. I remember:

Rear wheel speed sensor
Dynamics sensor
Fuel pump pressure high

So I had no ABS or traction control (which has been surprisingly enjoyable for the last few months, I'll probably turn it off more often) and most recently the fuel pump would randomly cut out either shutting the engine down or not letting it start. That's what necessitated the fix, can't have the Jeep quitting on the highway or not starting. Turns out these three circuits share a loom that's artfully placed between the drag link and frame.

You can see this isn't the first time I've caught this harness, the last round of splices are up top. I'm sure stock it's not a problem but with the drag link flip it gets a lot closer when the wheels are turned passenger with some flex. I have the SteerSmarts drag link which has the big screw clamps, the bolt head was just brushing the frame, with the harness in between. The yellow wire was cut and that big ground was mashed up and probably not grounding everything so well. I spliced them back together for now but I plan on moving the loom over the crossmember to keep it out of the way.

ABS, TC and CE lights FINALLY off. Only thing left is a bad TPMS sensor which I'll take care of at the next tire change.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?