Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
Actually now that I look at it again... your rear shock looks like it is upside down?!?!

I can't tell what shock he is running but some are made that can run this way up. Usually they are the higher end shocks and this is the preferred way of installing them to help keep crud (sand mud water) from collecting under the boot around the end of the shock.

I think all shocks 'can' be mounted the other way up though and most that you see are.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed Rough Country disconnects. I still need to add the holding mounts to the frame (arrow in pic)

Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tunes
I can't tell what shock he is running but some are made that can run this way up. Usually they are the higher end shocks and this is the preferred way of installing them to help keep crud (sand mud water) from collecting under the boot around the end of the shock.

I think all shocks 'can' be mounted the other way up though and most that you see are.
Actually i am a She, and they are Pro Comp ES9000 shocks and i was only running it up side down to help elminate the lower bolt from hitting and killing the shock.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkkat
Actually i am a She, and they are Pro Comp ES9000 shocks and i was only running it up side down to help elminate the lower bolt from hitting and killing the shock.
My RC 2.2 rear shock can only be installed this way. So I can't say its upside down; it looks just fine to me
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ge2
Removed my daystar switch panel and relocated my compressor, locker and lightbar switches to the middle of the center stack. Also painted all of my crazy urban camo / zebra interior pieces flat black. The stars on my rockstars were also painted flat black.
Let's see some updated pics.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/QUOTE]

It looks a lot better than when they are silver but still I like the rims they look great but the center caps just dont do it for me no matter what... what do they look like running without them... or a while back I saw someone use like a tuna can painted black or some sort of can haha it actually looked from the factory.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got around to making some brackets for my rear brake lines. I know, I am lame! I had meant to do it when I lifted it a couple of weeks ago, but forgot.

Anyway, I noticed that the lines were REALLY tight... like, holding the axle up tight when I was disconnected, so I checked on line and saw some cheap steel brackets (cheap design/quality) that cost $29.99!! Screw that.

I had some 1/8th inch Aluminum plate laying around, and just cut a couple of 1.75"x4" strips. Actual drop is about 3"

Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

This week I've put 2000mi on it driving across the country...

I picked up the Bestop Tinted Windows for the soft top, which are awesome, but the passengerside window is missing velcro--so bestop is sending a new window my way.

I also removed some decals and decided to completely redo the decals all together in a different color, I'm gonna go flat/matte black vinyl on the black jeep.

That's about it this week...
Old 08-13-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

This may be a dumb question but, where do you get the labels for the switches?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just finished installing my Aussie Locker in the front. No pictures because it really doesn't look different.

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?