Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know the first time i took my gf out on the trail with me i had to shut her up cause she made a noise every time i hit a bump hard. its a good thing she cut it out when i told her to or i would ride with a blow up girl.

Last edited by abetterview; 08-28-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I started the week by installing a Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer, MBRP Light Bar, Gibson Dual Exhaust.

The wife then gives me the news that she is pregnant....first baby !!! Well my wife loves being in the jeep as much as I do so she gives me a list of things she would like done to the jeep to help make it more pregnant wife and baby friendly. She wanted grab handles installed, steps installed and something done about all the heat the hard top holds. Shs has been very supportive during me Jeep build up and her request weren't unreasonable so I started looking into it.

Needless to say, I ordered and installed grab handles, duplicolor bedlined the hard top and freedom tops and then installed an insulated headliner as well. I like the stock Rubi rails as I don't do any extreme offroading that would require anything else but I picked up a slightly used set of Rugged Ridge side armor at a great price and installed them. She can use them as a step and along with the grab handles it makes getting into the jeep easier for her. The side armor does take away some ground clearance but the don't look bad, were the right price and once we have the baby if they bother me to much I can take them off or I can just upgrade to a 4 inch Teraflex lift (I've already talked to Joe about what parts I would need for the upgrade!!!)

It's raining here not when it clears up I will try to get out and take some pics to share.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael803
...The wife then gives me the news that she is pregnant....first baby !!! Well my wife loves being in the jeep as much as I do so she gives me a list of things she would like done to the jeep to help make it more pregnant wife and baby friendly....
Likes the Jeep,
Supportive of mods,
and is having your child!

Yup, she's a keeper!

Congrats!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

I changed the color of my tire...
Old 08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, I got my half doors on this past week and then did some finish up stuff. Since I had to change the door wire harness because I have Power Windows/Locks, I went ahead and got full door harnesses and latches to hook up the power locks. I also added the switches, and found a good spot on the door panel to put them on.

I also picked up a good used soft top boot, so I made the maiden voyage this morning with a topless/windowless JK with half doors and a top boot. Very pleased with the looks of it. I also popped in my K&N this morning and took 10 minutes to do the side marker blinker mod.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shoup
Added a really Cool mod for the passenger seat. This one doesn't complain

my g/f is sitting here beside me (she never reads the jeepspace she calls it) and she said "awwwwww tell him I like his puppy"

lol
Old 08-30-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Put on the $10 air horn (Harbor Freight) with tubing from Autozone. The clear plastic tubing hardens and cracks. Not great but much better sound. Took a trip to Colorado River area- Gloster Bend Park, Lago Vista, TX country roads, tops out and doors off. Well the front doors anyway. I know I need a suspension lift so don't say it unless you can say it loud enough for the wife to hear. It's coming!

Lake is crazy low.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 08-30-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shoup
Added a really Cool mod for the passenger seat. This one doesn't complain

Best Mod of the week!!! Caution it can cause puddles in the seat...but hey it's a Jeep the seats are bound to get wet.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought this to keep in my bag of tricks. After a recent trail run where three Rubi's found ourselves on trails with a lot of downed trees and branches blocking the trail where even this emergency 13" saw would have been much better than driving around them through the nasty stuff (as opposed to backing up a long, narrow hill!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_083009_001.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	29401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_083009_002.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	29402  
Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I bought this to keep in my bag of tricks. After a recent trail run where three Rubi's found ourselves on trails with a lot of downed trees and branches blocking the trail where even this emergency 13" saw would have been much better than driving around them through the nasty stuff (as opposed to backing up a long, narrow hill!)
You mean you didn't want this to happen? This is a result from a trail being overgrown once we were committed to it, backing out or turning around wasn't really an option.... It is much worse than the picture captures, and it is ALL OVER including the hood...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5934_1197365289634_1093554716_30606943_796902_n.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	29404  

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?