Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I helped WOL change out my tranny pan and filter. Somehow along the way I seem to have "lost" my tranny skid, and now have to track down who may have neglected in putting it back on. It is between ORW or the dealership (leaning more toward the dealership). My origional tranny pan was beat to hell, and my filter was a little banged up but still good. It was just for peace of mind service, but at least now I am good on that one.

Write up on how to service auto-tranny coming soon on Project-JK.com.

Thanks again to WOL for letting me help you with my Jeep. My eye feels funny (A bit of tranny fluid dripped in there, now I won't have to blink that eye for weeks as it is well lubed )
Old 09-13-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gryph0n
I helped WOL change out my tranny pan and filter. Somehow along the way I seem to have "lost" my tranny skid, and now have to track down who may have neglected in putting it back on. It is between ORW or the dealership (leaning more toward the dealership). My origional tranny pan was beat to hell, and my filter was a little banged up but still good. It was just for peace of mind service, but at least now I am good on that one.

Write up on how to service auto-tranny coming soon on Project-JK.com.

Thanks again to WOL for letting me help you with my Jeep. My eye feels funny (A bit of tranny fluid dripped in there, now I won't have to blink that eye for weeks as it is well lubed )

Either that, or it will mutate and you will soon have Scott Summers (a.k.a. "Cyclops" of the X-Men) laser eye syndrome.

Russ D.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by UCLA JK Rida'
Either that, or it will mutate and you will soon have Scott Summers (a.k.a. "Cyclops" of the X-Men) laser eye syndrome.

Russ D.
That would be PIMP!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gryph0n
That would be PIMP!
For sure...imagine, never having to be frustrated with a frozen lid on a jar or a stuck bolt...just give it the "stink eye" and BOOOOOOOM!!! Problem solved!

Russ D.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Default Installed a CB

Bought a cheap CB at Walmart ($35), and an Antenna from Radioshack ($25) that came with a "mirror" mount... which wouldn't work with the JK but had all the hardware I needed, so I fabricated an antenna mount from a metal bracket from Lowes ($2) that bolted to the factory tire mount ....So total cost was about $62

It Works!

I'll take some pics of the bracket later... it was raining when I finished up.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Knocked out two bad wheel studs and put in new ones......

Old 09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed Poison Spyder rocker armor. I was really not lokking forward to this install but all went well.

Chris
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

This week we got EVO sleeves, gussets and LCA skids installed. While at the shop we got to see the 4wheeler magazine owned Nisan Titan that is sitting on 46s. It's featured in the lastest issue of four wheeler.

I generally like to think my jeep is "big" on it's 35's. but after staring at that truck I somehow felt inadequate...

Oh I also installed rock krawler rear spring wedges. our springs were pretty bowed and the d side rear spring was hitting the trackbar at times. these aren't expensive and it helps enough.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drcre8tive
Bought a cheap CB at Walmart ($35), and an Antenna from Radioshack ($25) that came with a "mirror" mount... which wouldn't work with the JK but had all the hardware I needed, so I fabricated an antenna mount from a metal bracket from Lowes ($2) that bolted to the factory tire mount ....So total cost was about $62

It Works!

I'll take some pics of the bracket later... it was raining when I finished up.
Your gonna need to tune your antenna with an swr meter. I got mine from Radio Shack for $40, but you can get them cheaper elsewhere. If you can't find one cheap in NO, you can come by on the weekend and we'll tune it. If you start transmitting without tuning the antenna you stand the chance of burning your cb up.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bought a can of high temp rustoleum black and painted my front Riddler diff cover and touched up other nicks and scratches underneath. Getting ready for the next Jamboree

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?