Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed a better gas cap cover, fixed a blown fuse, and put in a louder horn. It sounded too wimpy.

My next upgrade will be much more cool. I can't do it yet. It's been raining non-step and off-and-on for weeks now.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
Rusty's 3.25" Basic lift. It came with adjustable track bars frt & rear, shocks, discos, coils. $550. Seemed a little too good to be true, but I think they will work just fine. I will need to get upper front control arms later but it is fine for now. I will also get a front drive shaft later. I have a backup in the shop just in case I need one before I get around to it on the mod list. The directions were really useless so you need some experience or a good helper to get everything installed. I started around 7pm yesterday and finished around 1:30 am this morning. I was by myself except for a fellow Jeeper stopped by to get me started and lend some tools. The spring compressor was essential. If you don't have one you can loan one out a Autozone. They make you put down a deposit and then credit it when you return the tool.

I got 4" on the front and about 3.5" in the rear. I think it looks fine and should give me good clearance with the 35's and the 1.25 BL. I got the track bar adjusted today, rotated the tires, and reset the steering wheel. The front end needs an alignment so I will likely do the driveway set to get it close.

I have also named the Jeep- "Copperhead" Although Jeep calls it orange, I think it looks more like a great copper color and is now a beast!
Yes, I know the guy on TV has a truck by the same name, but I bet he doesn't care what I call my Jeep just like I don't care what he calls his truck.

Lift

Started

Next

After- Now it is offically - Copperhead

This is the height of the Jeep at the seam of the Freedom panel on the front drivers door. Measures 77" tall at the roofline.

hey man looks great! sorry for your loss on the 2dr. but personally this build is looking like it's gonna turn out beastly definately give us an updtate after you've had it on for a few weeks. i'm thinking of switching my zone 3" coils out for some different ones that will give me more lift. i'd love to hear how the ride quality is and if they end up sagging over time. again. great job and looks awesome
Old 10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

installed my birthday present. all parts listed in my sig.

Here's some pics!

front done rear at stock height.

Lift complete.

Flexin on a gravel pile to check for rubbage!

Here's a shot for perspective. I'm 6'1".

Lots-o-travel!

Little bit of stuffage!

Only place it rubs.. Very light contact. New bumpers will come next month!

Stretchin before the 3hr drive home!

Hope to have some good wheelin pics soon.. Gotta get an adapter to run the spare on the rear gate for now. Also gotta pull the transmission skid plate and clearance it so it doesn't rip the boot on my front drive shaft. Have a few little odds and ends, but over all I'm very very pleased. The ride is a tad stiffer, but not as violent/harsh on the bumps. I can't wait to go test it out!

-Chad-
Old 10-04-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Took off stock front bumper and Mbrp lightbar and installed new Rugged Ridge shorty bumper with grill guard.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Replaced Sahara side steps with factory rock rails from a Rubi down in Austin. Bought a hard top from another buddy and put it on...supposed to rain all week so why not?

Used Forever Black on my factory bumpers and man, I highly recommend that stuff! After 3 coats looks almost like new! Sorry forgot to take before pics to show before/after so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

On Saturday I replaced my stock Rubi shocks with Teraflex spacers for some OME shocks and added Teraflex .5" spacers to the rear springs. The ride is much smoother with the OME shocks.

Scott
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saturday I painted my trail rated badge. I taped it off and only painted the silver and left the gray part. I think it turned out well.

I also painted the outside door locks that were silver. My pictures didn't turn out well so I'll have to post them when I get a better picture.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Picked up a Warn M8000 with winch tray.. so I cut up the stock bumper some more and mounted it.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Put the top back on the Jeep. It's been off since first of April.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sunday

Sadly, I put the hard top back on and the soft top in storage. I love autum, but don't care for what comes next!

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?