Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What kind of snorkel do you have?

Old 12-29-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Something I've learned from experience is definitely fill your differentials to the proper level--no higher. This is especially problematic with aftermarket covers. If filled too high, the diffy fluid can vent along the extended breathers into your engine air intake--not a good idea. This is especially so on really hot days.
Because of what you say, and because bellows is a less than perfect solution, I think the best of both worlds -- long breathers and bellows -- would be longer pipes that go up, but not into the air intake box.
Instead, I'd lead a vent pipe into the top of a small container, which has an open vent hole at the bottom.
If dipped in water, water can't get in to the pipe level, because of air pressure inside the container.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Venting Pipes.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	589503
Old 12-29-2014, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the bellows and dive bell type option before I did mine. Worked out a 50 degree Celsius temp change would result in about 150cc air volume difference. Went with extending my lines . Rear to behind rear taillight and front to firewall. Cheap fuel filters on the ends to keep crap out.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ARB and I love it...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2475986722.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	589568  

Quick Reply: What kind of snorkel do you have?