Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike?
12.50%
Dislike
87.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

What a waist of a Rubicon

Old 03-09-2007, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yj4life
I love it except for the window things.
Remind me never to hang around you dude...
Old 03-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
To each their own, but I'd be ashamed to own THAT.
ditto, but it is really just the gawdawfull rims that dont do it for me. Alot of people put rims on their Jeeps that i think look like... well, THAT but oh well.

Originally Posted by fathomgreencamaro
The wheels are hideous.
But I've considered the window shades so I can vent the Jeep in the summer here in Florida.

And we are getting a new mall...
I have the window shades on mine. I like them. I can have the windows open in a driving rain storm and not get soaked, and i can leave them down to let it vent when it's hot out & the top is up.

Originally Posted by cjeremy74
I am part of the to each his own crowd, but this is a bit of a head scratcher... why spring for the lockers and e-disco's if you just going to do that to it? They could have went for the Sahara - got all of the amenities with more shiny paint and saved a few bucks.
I love my shiney painted fenders!

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
what size rims do you think they are?
12 slice.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like it. Nice rims, and they go well with the MTs.

But I think paying the extra 5-10 grand for a Rubicon was stupid. They should have done it on a Sahara, that way the fender flares would have at least matched.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by griffm3
Remind me never to hang around you dude...
Why? He spent $4000 on rims and tires and $30k on a Jeep. They're nice to look at. I don't think my whole jeep is worth $400. :toung:
For anyone ot make fun of me for liking it would be like me making fun of you for liking a $30k Jeep in the first place. I could say "Aww its so impratical you could by a CJ7 for $5000 and spend $5000 do all the same shit and better."

Last edited by yj4life; 03-09-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

I can't say this is my cup of tea. But, that's the beauty of a Wrangler. You can do anything you want to it and, if it's beautiful to you, it's beautiful. I've got a 97 TJ that is outfitted so that you could crawl over a building (exaggerating of course.). My brother-in-law has the identical vehicle (without all the off-road upgrades) with chrome all over the thing. He loves his and I'm sure thinks mine is fugly. To each his own.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grundrc
I can't say this is my cup of tea. But, that's the beauty of a Wrangler. You can do anything you want to it and, if it's beautiful to you, it's beautiful. I've got a 97 TJ that is outfitted so that you could crawl over a building (exaggerating of course.). My brother-in-law has the identical vehicle (without all the off-road upgrades) with chrome all over the thing. He loves his and I'm sure thinks mine is fugly. To each his own.
Thats why when I found the picture and started the thred I stated,"to each his own" I just don't understand why a person would spend all of the money for a Rubicon just to take the rock sliders off and install the running boards. Then to oversize the rims without a lift. I don't think it would look so bad if it had a 4inch lift with 20 inch rims and 37in tires that might help. But not 20 inch rims and small offroad tire.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by low4life
Thats why when I found the picture and started the thred I stated,"to each his own" I just don't understand why a person would spend all of the money for a Rubicon just to take the rock sliders off and install the running boards. Then to oversize the rims without a lift. I don't think it would look so bad if it had a 4inch lift with 20 inch rims and 37in tires that might help. But not 20 inch rims and small offroad tire.
They still gotta be 35's I bet which were the max size people put on the old jeeps for years and years.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yj4life
They still gotta be 35's I bet which were the max size people put on the old jeeps for years and years.

I don't know I don't think its lifted. I'd say 33's
Old 03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

No I stand corrected they are definatly 35's because look at the stock spare which should be a 32 if it is indeed a rubicon

Old 03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by low4life
Resale value. Whether I think this is a good idea or not. If he never takes this thing off road, it is going to have great resale value. I'd certainly consider it if I didn't think he had abused it off road.

Quick Reply: What a waist of a Rubicon