Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who likes the stock look?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who likes the stock look?

I like some of the Jeeps that have been modded out, but to be honest, I'm not a big offroad guy, and I'm sure there are SOME Jeep owners like myself that just love them for the open air quality they bring. Top down, doors off, cranking up the stereo, and riding around like only Jeep owners can do. Of course, mine is an every day rider and I'm not looking to kill the already bad gas mileage of a Jeep

How many people on this forum, with the exception of basic mods, like their Jeeps to look stock?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love the stock look of the 2 door JKs. Most JKs around here are left stock but there are few 2 doors, but when I catch one I think most of them look great stock.

To me the 4 doors are just begging for larger tires which is why I upgraded.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My grandmother loves a nice little stock Jeep.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Come on now, no one really likes a stock Jeep.

Jeeps were MADE to be modified.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Stock jeeps are fine, not everybody is stupid enough to pile every dime into their car, uh, like me. Its still a really nice and realitively cheap form of transportation, and the top comes off, plus, "Girls Dig Jeeps!" Enjoy it, and you will still get 85% of your cost after 2 years and 25000 miles
That's what I'm thinking. Though I don't think people are stupid to do it, it's just what they like to do. I prefer sinking more money into my Malibu Wakeboard boat and having the Jeep as a fun vehicle to ride in. Off road and wheel and shock mods just aren't my thing.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Offroading is not my thing either (see signature, I live in Flatearth, USA.), BUT, I much prefer the look of some lift and a bit larger tire. Even though I do not have the opportunity to offroad unless I make a looong roadtrip, I would rather have some meat on the bone instead of the donuts that the jeep comes mounted on. Its like some of the people's attitudes on this forum with guns I guess. I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. But I dont think a mountain is going to creep up on me in Iowa anytime soon.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by VINdecent
I love the stock look of the 2 door JKs. Most JKs around here are left stock but there are few 2 doors, but when I catch one I think most of them look great stock.

To me the 4 doors are just begging for larger tires which is why I upgraded.
I'm 100% with you on this one. I love the look of the stock 2 Doors, but the stock 4 doors look a tad awkward to me.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
But I dont think a mountain is going to creep up on me in Iowa anytime soon.
Thats F*$(#ng hilarious, bout fell out my chair

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
Its like some of the people's attitudes on this forum with guns I guess. I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. :
Im with ya on that one.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

I can appriciate a stock Jeep (2 door), but tasteful mods are certainly appriciated as well.

I'm keeping the stock look of my jeep, and adding small things, like Rubicon tires, tint, roll bar gear, etc...

Personalization is a MUST on a Jeep.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

I agree haeb. I dont need a monster, but I want to make it mine.

Quick Reply: Who likes the stock look?