Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Who's awesome JK is this?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wagsww3
Hey everyone! Thanks a ton for all the nice comments on my Jeep and thanks Barry for the heads up on FB! I've been working very hard on this thing and it has done outstanding to say the least so far. Just need a real motor and some tougher axles cause it gets heavy! It's been doing great for a slightly aggressive overland platform. David at Alpha Expeditions really came through for me on making sure I got all of my equipment on time before my Moab/ Colorado/ NC trip. It was a very tight schedule and it came together perfectly. I got his stickers in the mail literally the day before I left for the Overland Expo. Got a bunch of pics for those that would like to take a gander. Cheers all!
Wow! this forum is great! I took a long shot posting on here. Ya we checked out your rig while at the expo, I took a few pictures but didnt see anyone around so we never got to ask any questions about it. I met Dave last year at the expo, and I figured you knew him. I realy liked your rack system that you have in the back of that thing. Any details/ plans picks you have would be appreciated I read you on the axle deal, I just had my front D30 replaced for a broken axle housing, and after adding the tire carrier to the rear, the back is sagging quite a bit, even with the terra BB. I'll be looking around for some rubi springs or maybe some airbags to help with some the weight. Thanks for responding, and again, that is an awesome rig! I look forward to hearing more about it.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rear shelves

I've done some more work on the shelves in the back. I added to it by removing the larger portion of the rear seat and built a platform for strapping down gear. I'll shoot some pics of that progress as soon as I can.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

I've done some more work on the shelves in the back. I added to it by removing the larger portion of the rear seat and built a platform for strapping down gear. I'll shoot some pics of that progress as soon as I can.
Sounds good, I like the slide out table and platform you have back there, and I already copied your worklight idea, I used a few quick fists and attached them to my rear wiper housing, it works great with my rechargable LED worklight.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default work light

Your gonna love having that light there. That table has been such a wonderful thing to have. I used a piece of solid surface and mounted it inside of a couple of pieces of angle and HD drawer slides from Lowe's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10228.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	185544   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10235.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	185545   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10230.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	185546   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10234.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	185547   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10232.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	185548  

Last edited by wagsww3; 07-24-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Your gonna love having that light there. That table has been such a wonderful thing to have. I used a piece of solid surface and mounted it inside of a couple of pieces of angle and HD drawer slides from Lowe's.
The table is a great idea, I miss the tailgate on my Frontier. Did you use wood or metal for the platform over the table? I like the tool box too, is that from AT? We did a 3 week trip from Tucson to Oregon and back offroad, and were wishing we had that setup the whole time. We've been eyeballing the Gobi rack for almost 2 years now, I need to break down and get it. Thanks again for the pics! I'll be reverse engineering them at work this week
Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

You haven't posted the pic here yet but a couple of the top off photos show an additional cross bar at the rear of your roll bars. Is that part of your rear storage or is the additional stability?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Brouche
You haven't posted the pic here yet but a couple of the top off photos show an additional cross bar at the rear of your roll bars. Is that part of your rear storage or is the additional stability?
I was wondering that myself, It looks like theres another rack above the fridge.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Very Nice Jeep! the table is an awesome addition and would come in handy a Hell of a lot more than those small tailgate fold down ones.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, that's an awesometown Jeep. I'm going to keep a lookout to see it around the city.

Quick Reply: Who's awesome JK is this?